Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What a fantastic Get ALIFE weekend!

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Wow! I was just blown away this weekend.

I absolutely loved the panel discussion format. It was phenomenal to have the opportunity to hear so many people share their expertise and bare their souls (or open their kimonos). I now feel like I understand this business on a whole new level and I am grateful to all of you for your commitment to helping others.

A toast to you all!

GarthChapman

Registered
I too was blown away by this event - maybe the best one in my 6+ years in REIN. We heard many different viewpoints, stories and solutions. We all do things differently and it was great to hear how success comes in so many forms.

One of the key learnings I took away from this past weekend is that there is a common characteristic shared by all those who we heard from over the 3 days - and that is Perseverance and Tenacity. Those who never give up, who get up after being knocked down time and again, who learn from their mistakes and bad fortune, who carry on no matter the challenges they face; those are the ones I want to surround myself with. And they are found in abundance within REIN.

Many thanks to Don, Russell, Patrick, Melanie, Ray, Donna and the whole REIN team for putting together this fantastic event, and for allowing me to participate in the Overcoming Obstacle panel. It was an honour to share my story with so many others. I hope it was some small help to those in attendance who are now facing tough challenges as we all do eventually.

mortgageman

Registered
I also thought it was great. I liked the panel format. I also really enjoyed Steffany Hanlen`s and Phillip McKernan`s presentations. I don`t know if they took their game up a few notches or I was in a different mindset than previous presentations by both of them, or maybe a combination of the two factors, but I thought they each did a stellar job.
Congratulations to everyone involved for pulling off a top-notch event.

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (mortgageman @ Jun 30 2009, 03:37 PM) I also thought it was great. I liked the panel format. I also really enjoyed Steffany Hanlen`s and Phillip McKernan`s presentations. I don`t know if they took their game up a few notches or I was in a different mindset than previous presentations by both of them, or maybe a combination of the two factors, but I thought they each did a stellar job.
Congratulations to everyone involved for pulling off a top-notch event.

I was looking at property on the Saturday...however I did see Stefany and I did see Garth`s panel and I was blown away. The biggest take home for me was the power of intention and the friendships I`ve made with Western Canadian REIN members ..and they will be long lasting friendships.

You have to check out the pics of our waitress bench pressing dan barton...it was the funniest thing I`ve seen all year. We have to get Don to show them.

markl

Registered
Jason,

I agree with you I have seen both Steffany and Philip speak before and they just seemed to have something extra this past weekend.

The panel was great I loved it but I missed the raising capital one as I caught and earlier flight so hopefully I can get the CD`s.

I also have to agree with you Brian. Dan being bench pressed was an impressive hilarious sight that should be shared with everyone.

zoo

Registered
I agree whole heatedly. Friday night the economists put our minds at ease. Stefany and (president) Phillip really kick started the mornings with a jolt of adrenlin. Then, where the rubber really meets the road, such timely topics were chosen -JV partnering -Landlording -Property management -Time maagement -Real Estate investing as a business etc.. Bravo....REIN team. You hit it right out of the park. The usual sore butt and after lunch sleepy time syndrome didn`t seen to be a problem, the time flew by. Imagine the economic stimulation rebounding from that weekend. Take note Mr. Harper.

Phil Peters

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (BrianPersaud @ Jun 30 2009, 01:58 PM) You have to check out the pics of our waitress bench pressing dan barton...it was the funniest thing I`ve seen all year. We have to get Don to show them.

Is that the photo I saw on Markl`s facebook page? - great shot!

Too bad the place was full when we got there

JessHunt

Registered
Ditto on those posts - a very intense, extremely useful weekend that raised my thinking a few notches! Fantastic organization, as always. Thanks to all of those who put so much work into this weekend`s program. Jess

wgraham

REIN Member
I must admit that lately I have been questioning continuing my REIN membership. I have been a member for 3+ years and was starting to think that I had acquired most of the value that REIN brings forth. They have taught me a lot throughout my membership and REIN has been one of the best things I have done/invested in my life but I honestly didn`t need to learn how to analyze yet another property and was very thankfully we didn`t cover those "rookie skills" last weekend

To my great pleasure the entire REIN team stepped it up more than a couple of notches. I thought Russell gave one of his best sessions, Patrick was straight up and honestest as always, Phillip just gets better and better each time he is on stage (even though I already knew he was going to be President McK) and Stephanie set the stage for the entire weekend. The economic panel was quite interesting and as always.....they didn`t all agree
.....and as usual Don was on fire.

Each of the "expert" panels was very helpful and I would really like to see more of this sort of structure at future events!

I must have given out 50+ business cards and met some really great people. Networking for me is always one of the highlights!

One of my big "ah ha`s" this weekend was that I still have a lot to learn from REIN and everyone that attends
!

Congratulations to everyone that attended and to the REIN team. Thanks for making this one of the most enlightening weekends I have had in quite some time and for your ongoing support of all of us!

All the best and happy investing!
Wade

DaveAlbano

Registered
I couldn`t agree more with Wade and the rest of the posters. Great comments all, and congrats to the REIN team for really kicking it up a notch. I found the panel discussions to be especially useful, and I would love to see this become a regular component of REIN meetings since, like Don says, its all about perspective. It was like a breath of fresh air to see the many different perspectives come out in that format.

Philip really shone through for me and it was very rewarding for me personally to see how far he`s come as a speaker from when I first saw him present. Awesome stuff! Steffany too really performed (Imagine that from a performance coach!
) and I`m still talking in my circles about the Big Fat Lie concept. Very powerful.

The networking too seemed better than usual, and I connected with some amazing new folks in my life and RE-connected on a different level with some incredibly great friends that is taking our relationships to the next level. I hope everyone else found it as rewarding as I did!

Great job REIN. Keep up the fantastic work!

margaretcowan

REIN Member
At this fabulous, fabulous weekend, I decided to go with the flow, to sit at a table close to the front each day and eat my sandwich with whoever was at my table, knowing that a "right" person would be there. Sure enough, I had some great learning conversations!

Thanks, Sherilynn for your valuable info on your experiences with renovating houses with basement suites in Edmonton! Thanks to Mitch for telling me all about the big future Fort St. John has!

I`ve written my BFLs out, am scheduling my day as Patrick advised, am arranging a DO partner and focusing more on my real estate as a business.

Thanks to all the REIN team for all your work and creativity in giving us this summit!

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Jul 1 2009, 12:17 PM) Is that the photo I saw on Markl`s facebook page? - great shot!

Too bad the place was full when we got there

Hi Ed,

I didn`t know you were in town. I would have been great to get formally introduced..WHen is the next mastermind?

Top Bottom