Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What a Year!

johnwaitecda

New Forum Member
Registered
WHAT A YEAR!
2007 started with the sale of the Princess Apartments in Edmonton, and although it was against our policy of buy and hold, we did well and it freed us from being part of a group of investors and able to buy on our own and make decisions on our own.

Then there was the birth of our second granddaughter, Olivia Grace on January 24. She, along with our first granddaughter, Mackenzie Dawn, have become the light of our lives.

At the start of February we purchased a 1929 Rolls Royce Phantom I in Daytona Beach, Florida. It had taken 9 months of negotiation – with my wife Nicky – culminating with about 2 minutes of negotiation with the vendor.

Then there was the purchase of 12G Clareview, the house on 11A Avenue in Mill Woods, the house on Knottwood Drive, and another on 28 Street, then the one on Cosgrove Court in Red Deer.

In June we travelled to South Africa, with the highlights there being a weekend in Kruger National Park with friends, and then the two week train trip from Cape Town to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Billed as the most luxurious train in the world, the Rovos Train travels this route once per year. Every person or couple has a private suite, the meals are epicurean, and the service the most first class and luxurious that you can imagine.

In August we took our 1956 Silver Wraith and our 1929 Phantom I to the National Meet of the Rolls Royce Owners` Club in Stevenson, WA. The Phantom took second place in its class, the Silver Wraith third place in its class, then we won the award for the best American bodied car – the Phantom I – and the best pre-war and post-war cars brought by one person. It didn`t hurt that our Phantom I was the only American bodied car at the meet, nor that we were the only couple who brought 2 cars, one pre-war and one post-war. The moral of that story is that, if you`re not there, you can`t win!

In September the four key employees purchasing my company offered to buy me out by December 15, and after some negotiations we agreed. The sale would be effective September 30, which was our year end.

October was the best month for sales in the history of the company, and on October 29 we celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary. The following weekend we ran the last of the Anglican Marriage Encounter weekends that we will do. We have led 54 weekends over a 26 year period, and have now retired.
Yesterday we received the book "51 Success Stories from Canadian Real Estate Investors", and our story has been told – at least part of it! Today is my last day of ownership of John Waite Consultants. On Monday, we start the next chapter of our lives, and the planning has begun.

This is a time to give thanks to all those who have contributed to our success, and latterly this has been due in no small part to REIN, to Don and his team, and to all those we have met and shared information with.

Live your dreams!

John & Nicky Waite
December 14, 2007

[/size]

winnielee

REIN Member
Yeah.....way to go John. I look forward to learning from you next year.
Happy Holidays!

Winnielee
style_emoticons

QUOTE (johnwaitecda @ Dec 15 2007, 06:31 AM) WHAT A YEAR!

2007 started with the sale of the Princess Apartments in Edmonton, and although it was against our policy of buy and hold, we did well and it freed us from being part of a group of investors and able to buy on our own and make decisions on our own.

Then there was the birth of our second granddaughter, Olivia Grace on January 24. She, along with our first granddaughter, Mackenzie Dawn, have become the light of our lives.

At the start of February we purchased a 1929 Rolls Royce Phantom I in Daytona Beach, Florida. It had taken 9 months of negotiation – with my wife Nicky – culminating with about 2 minutes of negotiation with the vendor.

Then there was the purchase of 12G Clareview, the house on 11A Avenue in Mill Woods, the house on Knottwood Drive, and another on 28 Street, then the one on Cosgrove Court in Red Deer.

In June we travelled to South Africa, with the highlights there being a weekend in Kruger National Park with friends, and then the two week train trip from Cape Town to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Billed as the most luxurious train in the world, the Rovos Train travels this route once per year. Every person or couple has a private suite, the meals are epicurean, and the service the most first class and luxurious that you can imagine.

In August we took our 1956 Silver Wraith and our 1929 Phantom I to the National Meet of the Rolls Royce Owners` Club in Stevenson, WA. The Phantom took second place in its class, the Silver Wraith third place in its class, then we won the award for the best American bodied car – the Phantom I – and the best pre-war and post-war cars brought by one person. It didn`t hurt that our Phantom I was the only American bodied car at the meet, nor that we were the only couple who brought 2 cars, one pre-war and one post-war. The moral of that story is that, if you`re not there, you can`t win!

In September the four key employees purchasing my company offered to buy me out by December 15, and after some negotiations we agreed. The sale would be effective September 30, which was our year end.
October was the best month for sales in the history of the company, and on October 29 we celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary. The following weekend we ran the last of the Anglican Marriage Encounter weekends that we will do. We have led 54 weekends over a 26 year period, and have now retired.

Yesterday we received the book "51 Success Stories from Canadian Real Estate Investors", and our story has been told – at least part of it! Today is my last day of ownership of John Waite Consultants. On Monday, we start the next chapter of our lives, and the planning has begun.

This is a time to give thanks to all those who have contributed to our success, and latterly this has been due in no small part to REIN, to Don and his team, and to all those we have met and shared information with.

Live your dreams!

John & Nicky Waite
December 14, 2007

[/size]

Top Bottom