Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Are YOU Looking Forward To at ACRE Live in Calgary?

REINteam

Registered
Over the past 5 years, the ACRE Program - REIN`s cornerstone training foundation - has gone through many changes and upgrades to reflect what`s happened in markets across the country. One of the most recent upgrades is the addition of Mastermind learning sessions, allowing for intimate discussion amongst members on specific topics in an open table format. And the good news - there are new initiatives coming your way in less than two weeks.

However, it isn`t just the new stuff that keeps Members coming back year after year. After every event, Members comment on how ACRE is exactly what they need to get reignited and refocused after a year of ups and downs.

We`ll hear how ACRE never fails to connect Members with new and exciting people and opportunities that they otherwise might have missed.

There are numerous reasons why Members attend ACRE` Care to share yours? We`d love to hear what you`re excited about for next week`s ACRE in Calgary or other ACRE programs coming up in 2014.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

moparcanuck

Registered
Well, I'll jump in on this one.

For me, I've already been on an ACRE weekend. Why go to another? There's several reasons.

1. Recharge - As real estate investors we are always faced with adversity. It's nice that for the most part, real estate can be a passive form of income. There's a lot of work to find the right property, get the right tenant, establish the right team, but once it's all in place, you do get the chance to sit back for a bit. However, even while you're hopefully lucky enough to watch the rents roll in, there's always some sort of adversity. Naysayers who want to convince you that the sky is about to fall, difficult tenants who either don't pay their rent or don't take care of the place, and of course general maintenance issues (the clothes dryer just quit, etc). Getting together a REIN meetings is like plugging in your batteries. After a while, they get depleted, and REIN meetings and ACRE weekends are a good recharge.

2. Reconnect - In my own situation, I've been more of a member by mail due to location (Red Deer). However, I'm moving to Calgary (well, Airdrie) in the next little while, so I'm hoping to be able to meet up with more investors in the area. I've always had great chats when I have attended REIN events, but follow through has been a challenge as I'm usually the guy who's too far away. Hoping that now being in Airdrie, I can keep in contact with some people that I get an opportunity to meet. Where's my Airdrie REIN members at? :)

3. Refresh - There's always something changing. The market cycle is at a different point, banks change their requirements for mortgage qualifications, government changes landlord tenant legislation. What's new? What's happening? What's changed? What's coming in the future? Always want to be ahead of the curve, and REIN does seem to always have these great little tidbits in their presentations.

4. Relay - As in relay the message to several people. If I meet people who are just getting into real estate, I want to point out all that I've managed to due with real estate. There's so many layers of what it has managed to due for me. There's the obvious items like increased net worth and cash flows to do more things I want to do (loving the new-to-us motorhome we bought last year), but also the not so obvious things. I am moving to Airdrie for a job transfer (yep, still keep the old J-O-B), and was concerned about the high cost of housing. However, in working with our mortgage broker (shout out to Peter Kinch, who I also met through REIN), we determined that my real estate portfolio was strong enough to allow me to get a great house that I thought I would never be able to afford, and certainly would not be able to afford without that income. Added bonus, this incredible new house comes with an income property as well! If I get the opportunity, I also want to relay my thanks to Don Campbell in person for guiding the way. I was already an investor before joining REIN, but it's helped teach, focus, and guide to the next level.

Hope to meet some more great likeminded people there!

Top Bottom