Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What did 17 days of Games mean to you

housingrental

Registered
Sorry you got the right spelling

QUOTE (nulyen @ Mar 5 2010, 03:52 PM) Pankration (pronounced pan-krat-ee-on). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration
Sounds hurty.

jarrettvaughan

Registered
QUOTE (KimFranz @ Mar 5 2010, 03:42 PM) As posted earlier - "As a Vancouverite, one thing stood out far and above the others. It was not the athletes, it was not the all the addition venues, it was not the money spent. The most astonishing thing that happened was how we as Canadians, a humble nation, not know for standing up and beating our chest, not known for getting overly exuberant....came together and showed our pride of who we are....I`ve never seen such a show of solidarity and national pride....So from me to everyone in Canada...We shot and SCORED!"

That is exactly how I felt, my heart is still full and swollen with pride. I have always felt that Canada was the best country in the world and have always been proud of who we are and what we have accomplished. Being here in the middle of all this I had to, at times, pinch myself and say "this is happening right outside my door!" I am so happy that we could finally show the world what a great, hospitable, and strong country we are.

I AM CANADIAN! woo woo woo woo!

Kim

I am going through withdraws, the sense of patriotism that I had as I sprinted from the German Pavilion to Robson St. after Crosby scored the goal was exhilarating, waiving my flag. And then to share that experience with 115,000 other people as we sang and chanted, proclaiming our excitement. Walking around Vancouver and seeing thousands and thousands of Innukshuks on the shoreline as locals and visitors design their own version of Canadian culture.

In my travels, I have noticed that most people know very little about Canada, BC and Vancouver. I believe that this is and will continue to change as the world comes to explore this great country.

I want more Olympics

invst4profit

Registered
I like being a Canadian and believe it is one of the best countries to live in. In that respect I feel no different.
I see the olympics only as sporting events, winners and losers, and since I am not at all into sports the olympics was of little interest.
To truly feel something patriotic about the olympics you need to see it as more than individuals competing to win, which I don`t, so it does not impact me personally.

It`s nice that others feel more but not an issue for me that I do not.

Top Bottom