Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

what do you think of windsor and hamilton

nav1940

Registered
hi

I was thinking of investing in windsor could not find much information on this town
or would it be better to invest in hamilton and burlington. I was looking at stundent housing in windsor. Is it a good idea to let property management look after these investments.

nav

markl

Registered
Hamilton has better economic fundamentals. If you search for threads on the board and put in Hamilton you will find tons of info.

There is an economic Development office in Windsor they would be a source for you to look at. The one thing about Windsor to watch out for is their vacancy rate. I believe it was 12%+ for the last couple of years. When you do your numbers be sure to factor this in.

Regards,

Mark Loeffler
www.homeownersoon.com

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Continue to be Wary of Windsor. Although price vs potential rent is OK, vacancy rates have skyrocketed, economic outlook is not as strong as you would like it to be (take out your Goldmine ScoreCard and ask the key questions) and property management has been a consistent issue for Members and others posting on this site. Price increases in the region have been stagnant as well so if you are looking for a large value jump (for profit) you may be disappointed for a few years.

I recommend that you use the search function of this site to see what others have been experiencing. Type in Windsor for one search, then do a second search on `Hamilton`.

Trust that helps

edify

Registered
QUOTE (nav1940 @ Nov 22 2007, 10:28 PM) hi

I was thinking of investing in windsor could not find much information on this town
or would it be better to invest in hamilton and burlington. I was looking at stundent housing in windsor. Is it a good idea to let property management look after these investments.

nav

Hi Nav,

Any luck with Hamilton or Windsor? I just relocated to Windsor early last year and after hearing lots of negativity about vacancy rates and the downturn in the economy, I`ve been surprised to see some of the opportunities that exist with the right strategy. If you`re still interested in learning more about Windsor, I`d love to share and if there`s anything you`ve seen of interest here, that you`d like to get more insight on, I`d be glad to help.

Sherice

cooldennis

Registered
QUOTE (edify @ May 22 2010, 11:44 PM) Hi Nav,

Any luck with Hamilton or Windsor? I just relocated to Windsor early last year and after hearing lots of negativity about vacancy rates and the downturn in the economy, I`ve been surprised to see some of the opportunities that exist with the right strategy. If you`re still interested in learning more about Windsor, I`d love to share and if there`s anything you`ve seen of interest here, that you`d like to get more insight on, I`d be glad to help.

Sherice

would love any info on windsor! student housing, property management rates, single house rentals , areas of windsor etc.

Top Bottom