Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What to do about existing tenants

ccameron

Registered
I have an accepted offer to purchase on a duplex. The price is certainly right however due to the fact that it is a foreclosure there is a tenant in the upper unit that comes with the building. Problem is...rent is far too low and I have no idea what type of person he is. How can I get rid of him and start fresh?

invst4profit

Registered
If the deal is done it is too late to get rid of them.
At this point you can only evict if you or a family member wants the unit or you wish to reno the building. With a reno eviction they may want back in but not likely.
Other than that in Ontario you can only evict for legit reasons as stated in the LTB rules.

Find a relative that will move in for a extended temporary time

ccameron

Registered
QUOTE (invst4profit @ Oct 23 2008, 08:18 AM) If the deal is done it is too late to get rid of them.
At this point you can only evict if you or a family member wants the unit or you wish to reno the building. With a reno eviction they may want back in but not likely.
Other than that in Ontario you can only evict for legit reasons as stated in the LTB rules.

Find a relative that will move in for a extended temporary time

Thanks for the advice. I decided to not go through with the deal. Not up for that much of a headache this time of year...or any time of year for that matter! All the best to you. CCameron

Top Bottom