Where to find business traveler renters...

eastender

Registered
Mar 3, 2009
Hi all!

I have a condo right across from Toronto Island Airport and would like to find a business traveler to rent to. It`s on 2 streetcar lines and very close to where the taxis que up. It would be ideal for people coming in and out of the city. I`ve already approached Porter Air (currently the only carrier out of there) about any services they would provide for their VIP clientele with no luck. It would be rented fully furnished.

The condo regulations state there has to be ONE person renting the unit for a minimum of 6 months. I`d like to rent with a minimum 1 year myself.

I`ve searched these forums for specifics and found many good points but thought I`d post and see if anyone may have any other info that would pertain to that area.

Are there any websites or strategies you know that would help me out in getting it rented?

Thanks for you 2 cents!

bizaro86

Registered
Jan 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
The best place in the world to find frequent/business travellers is www.flyertalk.com, a message board for them. They don`t have a classifieds section as such, but you could ask on there where to post an ad. Ultimately though, real estate is a local business, so your renters will likely find you through a local media.

Michael

LizzieChua

RE Investor
Registered
Apr 24, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
QUOTE (eastender @ Oct 13 2010, 05:22 PM) Hi all!

I have a condo right across from Toronto Island Airport and would like to find a business traveler to rent to. It`s on 2 streetcar lines and very close to where the taxis que up. It would be ideal for people coming in and out of the city. I`ve already approached Porter Air (currently the only carrier out of there) about any services they would provide for their VIP clientele with no luck. It would be rented fully furnished.

The condo regulations state there has to be ONE person renting the unit for a minimum of 6 months. I`d like to rent with a minimum 1 year myself.

I`ve searched these forums for specifics and found many good points but thought I`d post and see if anyone may have any other info that would pertain to that area.

Are there any websites or strategies you know that would help me out in getting it rented?

Thanks for you 2 cents!

Try getting an ad out to HR departments of targeted big companies, they send executives/employees on projects. I know Don mentioned this to us during the field trip. Hope this helps. Lizzie

eastender

Registered
Mar 3, 2009
I tried Flyertalk but my post was deleted for not being "inside their guidelines".

Thanks Lizzie for your suggestion as well.

bizaro86

Registered
Jan 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
QUOTE (eastender @ Oct 19 2010, 12:11 PM) I tried Flyertalk but my post was deleted for not being "inside their guidelines".

Thanks Lizzie for your suggestion as well.

Flyertalk is an online community for business travellers, and (as with the REIN forums, and most forums) doesn`t allow advertising. I didn`t see your post, so I`m not sure what you put.

One way to accomplish your goal might be to go to the "other airlines - Canada" sub-forum, where the Porter Airlines conversation takes place, and ask what downtown business travellers are doing for more permanent accomodation, and where they`re looking. Treat the question more like you`re looking for a place, than looking to rent a place. Might be hard now if they`ve got you pegged as someone looking to advertise. It might be better to participate and have a link to your advertisement in your signature, like many realtors/mortgage brokers on this forum do. I`m not totally sure on the rules for that over there, so I`d look into it first.

One final alternative, is you could actively buy advertisements on that page. They`re probably your target market, so it might be worth it.

Michael

eastender

Registered
Mar 3, 2009
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ Oct 20 2010, 01:53 PM) Flyertalk is an online community for business travellers, and (as with the REIN forums, and most forums) doesn`t allow advertising. I didn`t see your post, so I`m not sure what you put.

One way to accomplish your goal might be to go to the "other airlines - Canada" sub-forum, where the Porter Airlines conversation takes place, and ask what downtown business travellers are doing for more permanent accomodation, and where they`re looking. Treat the question more like you`re looking for a place, than looking to rent a place. Might be hard now if they`ve got you pegged as someone looking to advertise. It might be better to participate and have a link to your advertisement in your signature, like many realtors/mortgage brokers on this forum do. I`m not totally sure on the rules for that over there, so I`d look into it first.

One final alternative, is you could actively buy advertisements on that page. They`re probably your target market, so it might be worth it.

Michael

Hi!

My post was almost identical to my initial one in this thread. I`ll give it another look in the forums you suggested.

That airbnb site looks promising, too!

Thanks...
DOM