Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why Donald Trump is investing in Vancouver, BC

patrick_gunville

Registered
Why would Donald Trump, billionaire real estate tycoon, invest in the top of a housing bubble about to burst? The answer is he is not the one risking his money, he isn't building anything or investing any cash of his own! He is "licensing" his Trump brand name to local developers, who are probably as unaware of the bubble as most Vancouverites. It seems everyone in the world, except actual Canadians, are aware of the legendary bubble. Of course, by definition, it wouldn't be a bubble if people were aware, so we can't play the blame game! But there is no way Donald Trump, an incredibly well-connected, and sophisticated international investor, would ever buy into a bubble. He is leveraging the power of his brand, and personally, I believe he wants to be first in line to take over this project (at a steep discount!) when the market fails.

Anonymous

Registered
It looks like we have finally found something we agree on, Thomas! :)

GaryMcGowan

Registered
What's with the 2 different usernames???

PatrickGunville

patrick_gunville

Start a topic with one and answer it with the other one? Brilliant, I should've thought of that.

Anonymous

Registered
I had REIN switch my username from patrick_gunville to PatrickGunville because it looks more professional, and I plan on sticking around! :p

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=PatrickGunville] I plan on sticking around!
as a perpetual renter ?

Top Bottom