Why join REIN from Montreal?

REINteam

Registered
Hi eX3cution,

My apologies - one of our moderators was deleting another post in this thread that was spam and it looks like yours was deleted alongside it in error. I've reposted your original comment in your post above. We certainly encourage an open and honest discussion between REIN` members and the public alike, and unfortunately this was a small error on our part but by no means were we trying to censor this discussion. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.

MaximeValmont

Registered
Not just if Quebec was independent...

Quebec is the worst place in America to do Business. Highest taxes and way, WAY too much Government intervention. Just try to do Real Estate development there and see what happens. Way too much regulations.

The only thing the independence would change for Quebec is that it will go banckrupt faster.

Also, we are starting to see a serious lack of educated workers there. The education system is a joke. And for some reason the Quebec don't like immigrants. This is a big problem since child of immigrants ( specially Chinese and Indians) are the ones that get bachelor, Masters, and Phds. There is a new political party in Quebec that wants to stop immigration for 2-3 years.

I'm not saying that you can't making money in Quebec. I know alot of Real estate developers and investors over there and they make money. BUT, they pay ALOT of taxes and they always have to deal with stupid regulations.

Source : I lived in Quebec fo 20 years. I now live in Calgary.

Fireftrdan

Registered
Hey guys,

Wow, this thread escalated quickly! (Although by no means do I not enjoy the discussion).

Lothar, I too was contemplating membership from a "no meeting" city (Winnipeg). I've been following the REIN forum for some time now, and have read several books on RE investing, cycles, and mortgages. I joined prior to the new year and am looking forward to completed the ACRE home study kit that was included. Gimme a shout anytime if you need a shove over the edge.

Dan