Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will be re-joining REIN

jwilbrin

Registered
Hi all!

Well life is finally getting back to something that resembles normal again after 5 years. My husband and I started our real estate investment portfolio in the 90`s starting with individual condos then moving into multiplexes. The Raymond Aaron group gave us our start and it was that organization that directed us to REIN. My husband was a REIN member for many years and forwarded all the information on to me -- REIN was so instrumental in our success acquiring and maintaining our properties.

We allowed our membership to lapse as things became extremely busy with my husbands career, our out of town real estate projects and my business ventures. Anyway as I mentioned previously things seem to be slowing down to a more manageable pace. Reading the REIN forum in the last few months has become my indulgence.

I am considering joining rein again but in addition would also be considering joining the Calgary Apartment Association http://www.calapt.org/. Does anyone have experience with them? What are your thoughts.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (jwilbrin @ Feb 10 2010, 09:54 AM) ..would also be considering joining the Calgary Apartment Association http://www.calapt.org/. Does anyone have experience with them? What are your thoughts.
I also learned a ton from Raymond Aaron in teh early 90`s ..

REIN is for EDUCATION and TRAINING and learning SYSTEMS and meet fellow investors

CAA is a landlord association .. good for networking especially if you wish to buy multi-family properties in Calgary (not recommended unless $1M cash at hand .. due to prices)

brentdavies

Registered
Both Edmonton and Calgary Apartment Associations goals are to "unite people in the ownership, management and operation of residential rental properties to promote professionism, education and equity in all aspects of the Residential Rental Business for the benifit of industry members and tenants." Both associations provide an active voice to all levels of Government on landlord issues.

Both Associations provide networking opportunities and education activities for the membership. Orginally the organizations were started by Apartment owners and recently gearing programs for the smaller owners, ie REIN members.

Edmonton is working on a number of programs geared directly at the small property owner, such as easy access to check checks, printed forms, and education programs.

If you are just starting back in the investing game, I would suggest REIN first, rental association second.

I am currently a director of the Edmonton Apartment Association (2000-2001, and 2010-2011) and strongly support the work of the EAA.

Top Bottom