Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

window coverings in a non-furnished suite

retiredby50

Registered
I`ve renovated the place from scratch and on the one hand, if I provide them I know there isn`t going to be tin foil or the Rebel flag in the windows. On the other hand people may want to bring their own.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Keith

fumbrunner

Registered
QUOTE (retiredby50 @ Mar 30 2010, 08:32 AM) I`ve renovated the place from scratch and on the one hand, if I provide them I know there isn`t going to be tin foil or the Rebel flag in the windows. On the other hand people may want to bring their own.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Keith

Cheap blinds at Walmart. That is the way to go. If they are damaged, they are easily replaced.

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (fumbrunner @ Mar 30 2010, 10:09 AM) Cheap blinds at Walmart. That is the way to go. If they are damaged, they are easily replaced.

+1. That is what I always do as well.

Michael

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
I always provide some form of window coverings.

Most of my suites have easy-care drapes with good quality hardware. The drapes are washable and the tenant has the option of personalizing. I have had a few tenants take down my drapes and put up their own. (Most of them have even asked first!)

Either way, be sure that your lease has a check-box on it to say that window coverings are included.

And if you aren`t including blinds or curtains, you should still mount the hardware for tenants` curtains. (I wouldn`t want a tenant doing this.)

Regards,
Sherilynn

Top Bottom