Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Winner: Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2008

DanBarton

Registered
Hello,

I would like to personally thank the REIN team, and all the members for such wonderful support and guidance over the past couple of years, I couldn`t have done it without you. I must also give thanks to myself for believing in ME because I couldn`t have done it without that either. (thanks Garth).

I`ve never mentioned this before, but only 3 short years ago, I was at a `financial` seminar and had to borrow money from a fellow attendee because I couldn`t afford my own lunch, I just recently had an e-mail from her and it reminded of how `times` used to be. It was rough, I didn`t fully respect myself or take myself seriously and was troubled with low self esteem and depression. I did however have big goals.

This morning I had something that I perceived to be a small challenge in my real estate business and I went through the motions to get over it and get it dealt with, however I quickly realized that if this happened a few years ago it would have caused major chaos in my life not to mention impacted others negatively along the way. I realized I have learned how to become Bigger than my problems.

This brings me to my most recent success and that was to be the proud receiver of the `Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2008` presented by the Chamber of Commerce & Royal Roads University. I cant express the gratitude that this brought me and wanted to quickly share this success with the myREINspace members.

View my recent feature in Business Vancouver Island at:
http://www.oasisproperties.net/media-room/...reneur-the-year

A sincere Thank you to everyone!

Dan Barton

GarthChapman

Registered
Wow! Now that`s a Success Story! It`s great to see how you have made this happen, certainly with some help from the REIN Team and the REIN Community - but you did this and should be very proud of your accomplishments.

Congratulations!

DanBarton

Registered
Thanks guys - that`s a really good point! I tend to do that often (not take credit for my own successes).
I modified it slightly...

joeiannuzzi

Registered
Dan, you did it and pulled through when most others would have thrown in the towel. Congratulations on overcoming your obstacles

Candi

Registered
Congratulations Dan Barton & Team!

I just know that you are successful, from the viewings and your brochure, and you deserve that and more! I am a newbe and find inspiration in your story and others at the Rein forums. I know I have a lot of learning to do, but today I am very happy for you and yours!
Cheers, ---Rosa.

Conrad5

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
QUOTE (DanBarton @ May 22 2008, 01:47 PM) Hello,

I would like to personally thank the REIN team, and all the members for such wonderful support and guidance over the past couple of years, I couldn`t have done it without you. I must also give thanks to myself for believing in ME because I couldn`t have done it without that either. (thanks Garth).

I`ve never mentioned this before, but only 3 short years ago, I was at a `financial` seminar and had to borrow money from a fellow attendee because I couldn`t afford my own lunch, I just recently had an e-mail from her and it reminded of how `times` used to be. It was rough, I didn`t fully respect myself or take myself seriously and was troubled with low self esteem and depression. I did however have big goals.

This morning I had something that I perceived to be a small challenge in my real estate business and I went through the motions to get over it and get it dealt with, however I quickly realized that if this happened a few years ago it would have caused major chaos in my life not to mention impacted others negatively along the way. I realized I have learned how to become Bigger than my problems.

This brings me to my most recent success and that was to be the proud receiver of the `Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2008` presented by the Chamber of Commerce & Royal Roads University. I cant express the gratitude that this brought me and wanted to quickly share this success with the myREINspace members.

View my recent feature in Business Vancouver Island at:
http://www.OasisProperties.net/Barton-Busi...e-May_15_08.pdf

You can also see the website we posted for the chamber members to view at www.OasisProperties.net/Chamber it has a couple of photos at the bottom.

A sincere Thank you to everyone!

Dan Barton

Congratulations Dan and the team at Oasis Properties.
Conrad.

JRL

Registered
It was rough, I didn`t fully respect myself or take myself seriously and was troubled with low self esteem and depression. I did however have big goals.
First of all - and quite obviously - CONGRATULATIONS!

I`d like to hear more about your story. What drove the change in you? I`m guessing when you`ve got a lack of self-respect, low self-esteem, and struggling with depression, that`s a pretty low place to be. What was the key driver in shifting your mentality and caused you to take action so effectively?

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Congratulations! Your dreams are really big and you have gone full speed ahead. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story and your recognition from the Chamber of Commerce with us.

Carla

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Hi Dan,

You did not need to be formally announced as the Winner of this or any other award as its very clear you are a winner and have been for a while. Not to take away from the award but when I see this I just look at you journey and thats where I see the success. No gold medal, silver plaque, cert or hand shake can ever take that from you and what YOU have done.

We all need support but in the end of the day it is ourselves who make it happen.

Above all, thank you for sharing this story and showing some vunerability while doing it.

"The Brave Always win" - PMcK

Anonymous

Registered
Congraulation Dan! I looked at your beautiful Belize book at the last QuickStart - It was so good, I had to take a second peek before the event was over. Your winning attitude is infectious.

annemariehogya

Registered
Dan,

After meeting with you the day of the ceremony I called the chamber the next morning to get the results. Was so happy to hear you won this award.
You have assisted me tremendously- with your words, but more so by your actions (your honesty, integrity, passion, and willingness to support others).
In my eyes this is real leadership. You`ve obviously taken the lead in your own life to overcome the metal obstacles that can easily drag any of us down and can get in the way of bigger dreams and service to others.

Congratulation!

Top Bottom