Woodlands Calgary

ccameron

Registered
Just wondering if anyone knows how the area in Calgary known as Woodlands and in particular the street Woodfern Rd. is for real estate investing?

UTCVenturesLtd

Registered
QUOTE (ccameron @ Jun 9 2008, 08:10 PM) Just wondering if anyone knows how the area in Calgary known as Woodlands and in particular the street Woodfern Rd. is for real estate investing?

Take a drive by on Fri/Sat nights to see where the parties are. Friend at work lived in that area and was glad to have left. (He is now in Somerset.) He had some stories to tell. I have seen on occasion in Woodbine on Woodbine Blvd, a number of parked cars with their windows smashed out while passing by that next door neighbourhood early in the am. The kids in those areas think that they can get away with anything they want. Had friends in Woodbine that had their window shot out by a pellet gun, a lawyer`s kid and they were not willing to do anything about it either. (It wasn`t long after that they found their son had hung himself.) Sad.

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (ccameron @ Jun 9 2008, 09:10 PM) Just wondering if anyone knows how the area in Calgary known as Woodlands and in particular the street Woodfern Rd. is for real estate investing?

Woodbine is in the deep south west of the city. There is nothing `wrong` with this community - it is full of mature houses and many homeowners there take excellent care of their property.

However, for me, it doesn`t get a passing grade as an investment community for the following reasons

1. It is not part of any of the city`s transportation initiatives other than the SW ring road which has only just finished the first phases of planning.
2. The jobs aren`t being added in this area. They are being added downtown, to the north and near the hospitals.
3. It`s not in one of REIN`s top areas for the city based on their transportation outlook.

Fore more info on Calgary fundamentals have a look at my site http://www.redlinerealestate.ca/invest-calgary.php