Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yeah! Summer is over!

SASREIG

Registered
Hi fellow REIN members...

yes, I realize that my subject line is kinda weird...for most people...but if you are an entrepreneur to the core and business runs in your veins like it does for me...you can't wait for the summer to be over (when people are going on vacation, their focus is on the golf course, everyone is slow responding to your emails...) and get back to the time of the year (September) when business restarts in a grand way...as is proof the first REIN meeting of the fall season coming on Tuesday the 26 in Toronto.

And Laurel and I will be there early, and we are really looking forward to shaking some hands once again, find out what you've been up to recently, and tell you what a crazy summer we had...no vacation for us, no sir...

Please email me [email protected] or call me 613-558-5526 so we can arrange to meet in person on Tuesday and share success stories (and I don't mean the 79 you scored on the golf course...).

See you all soon...yeah!

Daniel St-Jean

trevismcconaghy

Trevis McConaghy, REIA
REIN Member
I am happy and sad about the end of summer- I only realized how annoying things can get with summer and holidays... As such, it seemed like all the people making my business run took time off at the wrong time. My house mover got married and was away when we were already wasy behing. My appraiser got an appraisal done on a Friday night before his holidays, just in time for my banker (who needed the appraisal) to go on a week long holiday. Then when all these people came back, my paralegals were on holiday. Themn my other banker, then my main carpenter and assistant.... Welcome to summer.

On a successful note, I have become very good at juggling people and projects. I got into a new gig of bringing in used modular and mobile homes into northeast Sask this summer, setting them up, and renting them. After starting the summer off with moving a foreclosed 1440 ft2 modular home about 250km in my city, I am ending up doing 7 houses. Alberta is a goldmine for great deals, and 2 weeks ago, I brought a home 905 km from Nanton, Alberta. Once I understood the 'game,' it has been a great ride.

My other success is that I continue to grow my portfolio with suited houses, and single family homes. Cash flow is great as most of my units are renovated, with some rented as furnished units. ....and I was in Europe in early July. Great summer! I just wish the warmth would continue. Trevis

Top Bottom