Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yet another call for assistance!

Anonymous

Registered
My apologies if you have heard all this before, and If I am missing something in the forums, please be so kind as to direct me in the right direction!

I am quite a new investor, and as such am still building my team. I am currently working with a RE Lawyer who, although had all the right answers in my initial interview, did not understand my needs when it came to lease options.

I am now in the position where I need to sever my ties with this lawyer ( he's learning on my dime!) and find a more experienced one.

Can anyone direct me to a lawyer who has knowledge when it comes to Lease Options and Sandwich Lease Options? As well as double closings?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

2ndstory

Registered
My 2 cents...if you are new to real estate investing, follow the KISS principle.

Nik

invst4profit

Registered
You are attempting to break into a difficult area of investing that is far more suited to the US than Canada.

bizaro86

Registered
Aside from the good points above about trying to keep it simple when learning, you really need to provide a location if you want a referral for a lawyer, since they most often only practice within a province.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous

Registered
Thank you for the advice everyone!

My apologies about the location. I am looking for a lawyer in the GTA.

SpecialEd

Registered
How much was your previous lawyer charging you per hour? I can recommend a few lawyers in the GTA but they don't come cheap.

Generally, the more experienced and skilled the lawyer the more they charge per hour. Ideally, the fact that they're more skilled and experienced (and you're paying more) should mean they can get the work done in less time, which evens everything out in the end.

Top Bottom