Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Young RE Investors

spark1

Registered
toronto is here. Hunting for my second property. First has three units. Great idea to chat!

QUOTE (Ricky972 @ Jan 18 2009, 01:06 PM) Hey anyone here from toronto?? I`m 31 and looking for my second property. I`d love to chat!

housingrental

Registered
I own nothing in Toronto but used to live nearby and happy to talk investments on certain area's

QUOTE (spark1 @ Jan 18 2009, 09:40 PM)
toronto is here. Hunting for my second property. First has three units. Great idea to chat!

ChrisMewhort

Registered
Here here, just bumping the post so it`s in front of the eyes of our young REIN counterparts and showing respect because from this thread alone I`ve already begun talking to a couple other young investors, both of whom I wouldn`t be talking to otherwise.

Further on the topic of like-aged people fitting together... By no means is the thread excluding others thoughts and opinion but it only makes sense to want to have a gang of peers your age... Keep networking and I hope to speak with more of you soon!

This is the year I`m wanting to get through my first investment property. Do most of the other people who`ve posted (or are going to post) already have an investment property under their belt? Did you before REIN?

Cheers to keeping this thread active!

housingrental

Registered
Yes and Yes

Unlike most posts I see I'd say I'm glad I did before joining REIN - I probably would have not pulled the trigger over analyzing a deal to death

QUOTE (devc @ Jan 18 2009, 10:46 PM)
This is the year I'm wanting to get through my first investment property. Do most of the other people who've posted (or are going to post) already have an investment property under their belt? Did you before REIN?

Cheers to keeping this thread active!

DOZAH

Registered
Toronto 25/male

Got a few years and a few props under my belt but am always looking to network, brainstorm and grow with other like minded people.
[email protected]

hit me up

marco123

Registered
23 here in Vancouver

Just signed up on this forum and i found it great. I have no property yet but i`m looking to purchase my first investment property in this year. I`m a beginner by the way with about 3 years of investment exp. but fairly new on RE
Would love to talk to other investors about ideas as well.

DineenJJ

Registered
I have a rental property and am looking to get more this year with my dad. Boy was that a hard one to rent out over the holidays! If anyone wants to talk RE or the challenges we face my email is [email protected], would be great to chat with other people close to my age and just see how they overcome obstacles.

Cheers,

Dineen

Bungee

Registered
QUOTE (JohnJ @ Jan 14 2009, 09:44 AM)
Hey I'm in...Anyone based in Calgary???

I'm currently in Edmonton, but moving (don't know where yet) in March 2009. I'm a new RE Investor and new REIN member. would love to network with those interested in going forward on this journey.

I come to Calgary pretty often.

I'm 28 (in two weeks)

[email protected]

AndyLuchies

Registered
26yr old 1 property, anyone from hamilton area?? young or not as young.

ps. this thread is starting to look like a dating service (SWF/29yr/blonde/blue.. haha). You could call it REIN-DATE.

Seriously though, I`ve been married for 5 years to a fellow real-estate lover and its awesome to be a husband-wife team.

anyways, I`m in.

AndyLuchies

Registered
By the way, whoever is the leader of this "young-REIN" thing should probably set some kind of official age limit (if you actually want to keep it a certain demographic). Although it seems kinda cheap, if you don`t do this, we`ll basically just be having another REIN forum... What is the specific purpose of this group? What makes it different from REIN FORUM? Is it just the `young investor` slant?

DineenJJ

Registered
QUOTE (jessandy @ Jan 23 2009, 05:18 AM) ps. this thread is starting to look like a dating service (SWF/29yr/blonde/blue.. haha). You could call it REIN-DATE.

That made me laugh!

I think the age cap should be 30. I believe this is a good age because most people over 30 have more equity built up or funds available for investment. Also, more experience perhaps, with life in general. I do enjoy posts from seasoned investors too, they are very informative.

Any thoughts??

DWenger

Registered
Thats great that there was so many replies. Looks like there are a few beginners out there. Is anyone from Edmonton? and area? It would be beneficial to connect up with like minded individuals around here.

Bungee

Registered
QUOTE (DWenger @ Jan 24 2009, 05:58 PM) Thats great that there was so many replies. Looks like there are a few beginners out there. Is anyone from Edmonton? and area? It would be beneficial to connect up with like minded individuals around here.

I`m from Edmonton and would love to meet.

Bungee

Registered
QUOTE (DineenJJ @ Jan 24 2009, 08:22 PM) I am also from Edmonton, I say lets get together!

For sure, let do it, How does this Wednesday night sound, say around 7pm?
If your interested please email me and I will work out a place. Somewhere on the southside works best for me, as I live in Leduc area.

klewlis

Registered
QUOTE (Bungee @ Jan 24 2009, 08:25 PM)
For sure, let do it, How does this Wednesday night sound, say around 7pm?

If your interested please email me and I will work out a place. Somewhere on the southside works best for me, as I live in Leduc area.

This Wednesday night conflicts with another RE group meet that I am attending. Other Wednesdays are usually good.

derekcw

Registered
This is great seeing all of us young people help/network with each other.

I just turned 27 and have 5 properties in McMurray/Edmonton.

It`s been quite the journey and I would like to acknolwedge everyone on here young and old. I remember when I first started out at 23-24 at this game. The trick was to keep on going, find mentors, and supporters along the way - live your belize holographically daily.

Anyone who wants to chat, discuss anything about RE, economics, oil sands, engineering, life coaching or anything else feel free to drop me a msg.

Derek Wong, B.A.Sc., P.Eng.
DCW Properties Group Ltd.

Bottlejack

Registered
Hi I am in Ontario and looking to talk to people that are investing here.. any investors looking to do the same and would like to chat drop me an email.. [email protected]

Eric

ChrisMewhort

Registered
QUOTE (derekcw @ Jan 25 2009, 02:54 PM)
The trick is to keep on going, find mentors, and supporters along the way...

Fixed
<

I met with Ryan (Lermy) and Peter (westboundventures) last week. We sat & had coffee, discussed all things REIN (and alike) and I came out with some great perspective on young buyers as well as more confidence in what I'm getting myself into.

Has anyone else met up in direct result of this thread? Share!

Top Bottom