Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

YOUR 2009 INVESTING PLAN

mcgregok

Registered
Since 2009 is comming fast I was wondering if you folks have developed your short and long term investing plan and would like to share. I have a few plans I have put into play for the future.

1. Real Estate - All my cash flow properties I am keeping . I have been in the market for so many years it has become a comfort investment for me. My tenants are great and I like the monthly income . I am not thinking of buying for 1 or 2 years. There is no rush for me. Hav`nt bought since early 2006. I like to see a more balanced market and a little uptrend. Lots of time.

2. Dividend stocks/trusts- As the year proceeds I am watching for dividend paying companies. As stock prices declined dividends are getting attractive. I am starting to feel like a kid in a candy store. I have been educating myself for the past year but don.t feel good about trading. So I will stick to investing. Oh! maybe the odd trade for fun.

3. Going on a long holiday and getting away from all the hype.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Raise another $10M in 2009 .. like 2008 .. and bring portfolio value over $100M through value-add acquisitions in growth markets like: AB, BC, SK (and possibly TX if US dollar is @ par ) and gorowing existing property values for a decent double digit investor ROI !!

increase rents and cash-flow in all assets we own

sell a few assets that have a high PITA factor, are in centers we wish not to accumulate in or can be sold for a hefty profit

do a few weeks of vacation each quarter, most with my wife Lynda and some without

treat my staff and paying tenants well

delegate more

write a book

don`t make major mistakes

buy a 2nd home in Vancouver and spend some significant time there to work, think, relax and write

pray more, play more and pay more (taxes that is)

exercise more

ZanderRobertson

Registered
1) Investing in real estate by searching out fantastic deals with a built in margin of safety. This years target is 5 problem free (as is possible) properties with very healthy cash flow.

2) investing in the future of my family ( a second child on the way)

3) Investing in my education towards being a competent and confident investor by reading and taking courses

4) Investing in my health by exercising regularly and eating well

MonteDobson

Registered
1) To "jointly" acquire at least 10 positive cashflow properties in economically strong and growing regions (ie. AB and SK)

2) To grow my personal net worth to 7 figures by mid 2009.

3) To encourage others to become more educated and informed on their finances and investments - I can`t stand the fact that too many Canadians spend more time/money planning their vacation than their financial well being!!

4) To "escape the rat race" and quit my day job to focus on my own business and real estate investments full time.

5) To become more involved in my community.

6) To spend more time enjoying life with family and friends.

tdrealestate

Registered
1) Join REIN in January 2009

2) Build my teams of Realtors, Mortage Brokers, Bankers, Accountants and Real Estate Lawyers and hopefully other REIN Members by March or April, while looking for my first property

3) Purchase my first property by Summer 2009, and advoid making costly mistake due to lack of understanding as a junior to real estate investments

4) Lose weight and get tone and live a healthy life style by exercising regularly and eatting the right foods, and to keep the weight off not to put it on again as i did three times in the past

5) Try to meet more people and create potential friendship

6) Go to NYC and Washington DC to tour the White House, also in the Summer 2009

7) Own Three Properties or more by the end 2009, and adjust more golds accordingly to achieve them.

8) Have a secondary income from my properties to protect me from Job Lost

9) Try to create as much money part time on real estate properties, as equal to my full time job.

10) Start working towards my own Condo to live in as my next home, and also a newer vechicle

11) Assist mother Financially to live comfortable during retirement

12) Create a foundation for myself to build Financial independance, and to be in the position to help others to reach their golds using myself as a example.

DaveRhydderch

Registered
1. Buy my own Condo in Victoria Park. I have been buying, properties in Calgary`s NE and renting them out while living in them. I then use the money I save by living rent free to move on and repeat the process. I`d like to get a condo of my own.

2. Invest in my business as a realtor. I love the job so much, so building the business is a primary goal.

3. Start trolling for great deals, and buy another rental property. There are some great deals out there.

4. Continue to invest 500 dollars every month into my RRSPs.

Those are my investment goals for 2009. Simple, but focused.

invst4profit

Registered
Looking to add value to my existing investment by exploring the possibility of adding U-storage facilities.

JoefromTO

REIN Member
Get rich quick! Ha...just kidding.

Iv`e spent the last couple years spending so much time working and learning about investing that I feel guilty for not spending more time with my children (7 and 5). However, this time last year I made some changes and spent alot more time with them doing family oriented activities, like skiing.

I make sure take at least 1 vacation per year, to get away with the family to someplace warm so this will definitely continue into 2009.

So my plans/goals for 2009 stem from finding ways to spend more time with my family, while still being productive financially. This obviously involves real estate. My plans are to:

-continue to educate myself with real estate investing;
-formulate my "plan of action";
-Ensure that my "team" is effective by calling each of them to discuss my plans;
-focus on buying quality properties with a plan on purchasing at least 2 more;
-continue organizing my time to ensure that I spend alot of it with my family, nurturing what matters to me most.
-improve health and fitness which isn`t bad but could be better.

Now if Don reads this I already know what he would say..."be more specific!". I`m working on it
style_emoticons

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
My Key real estate focuses for 2009:

#1 Increase cash flow in current portfolio by decreasing costs and increasing rents (yes they are going up). Working on greening of some of the properties with more efficient heating systems (where it makes sense), siding a few buildings with addition of insulation, reviewing lighting and water options (toilets, Showers etc).

#2 Increasing the tenant retention system, making it so they do NOT want to live anywhere else unless they are buying a house or changing cities.

#3 Purchasing 2 -5 multi-family apartment buildings in 2009 as my target region is on sale right now and cash flowing right from day 1

#4 Reviewing any upcoming re-financing or mortgage renewals and being pro-active in making them happen with updated Sophisticated Investor Binder and not waiting for bank to send notification of renewal.

#5 Speaking to every insider I can to analyze what the market is doing, where it is heading and what opportunities are around. A year of SUBSTANTIAL networking!

Top Bottom