Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Appreciate advice from a mentor & professionals to invest in real estate

bhupinderbhatti

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi everyone,

I joined this real estate community and this forum after I read some books of Don R. Campbell. Very valuable books to lean about real estate in Canada.

I’m an economist and I’m deeply interested to invest in real estate in the area of Ottawa - Gatineau.
My goal for the five next years is to have two duplexes (2 units each)

As a new investor, I believe that my key ressources are going to be the collective experience and knowledge of a mentor and a team of a professional members. I don’t like to wait until I think I have more to offer them. I would like to have the chance to get in with me at the goring floor!

I would like to start to network with a mentor with experience in real estate investing, Real estate agent, banker(s) and Mortgage broker(s) , having a list of property inspector and contractors…… in the Ottawa area.

Many thanks in advance

As I’m reading and following the housing market in Canada, I would like to share these key highlights from different Canadian economics sources.

- The house market in major cities in Canada is overheating.

- Demand is exceedingly strong, inventories are generally low, desire for more living space, and property values have soared to levels far
outside historical norms.

- A Seller's market - The sellers are calling the shots!

- The housing prices will continue to appreciate during 2021, albeit at a slower and slower pace as we get closer to 2022.

- The slightest interest rate increase could compel many buyers to exit. Any sudden, larger increase would pose a risk to the market.

-The Bank of Canada also indicated that it is ready to let short-term inflation rise temporarily.

-To date, the plunge in immigration has primarily affected the rental and, to a lesser extent, condo markets in Canada’s largest cities
though the impact could spread to other housing categories and markets.

=======
Yassine Ben K.
Economist
Thank you,
Your suggestions and recommendations are quite helpful.

Top Bottom