Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flyer campaign!

larolargo

Registered
Does anyone know what's the best way to get flyers delivered to homes. I'll start doing the flyers campaign in Surrey BC to attract motivated sellers, but i'm not sure where to start.

I'd appreciate if somebody can give me tips on that.

Thanks!

Mario

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Canada Post charges about 11-12 cents each and you can choose the mailman routes. If using an 8x11 piece of paper they require it to be folded in half and bundled in 100 piece bundles.

Your local newspaper is an option but you usually have to do a minimum amount (can be in the 10,000+ range - each paper is different)

There are companies that do door hangers as well...I don't know if any off hand but if you google it you can get some.

larolargo

Registered
Thanks Andrea!

Have you ever tried this method? What are your thoughts?

Mario

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
I have tried it with limited success as they were one time mail outs - 3 different times in different areas for different things. Example - sent out 8000 flyers for a house I had available and got 1 call.....not very good results.

I think the key to mailings is to do it regularly so people get some brand recognition. That being said, I know many people throw out the junk mail without ever looking at it.

Perhaps instead of sending a mail out, you would be better to spend your money marketing on the internet pointing people to your website.

WhisperGroup

Registered
I thought I would chime in here.

Flyers can work if your ad copy grabs the readers attention. The headline of any flyer dictates 80-90% of the effectiveness of the flyer. If the headline does not grab their attention it ends up in the garbage. Focus on creating a catchy headline.

You could throw in day glow orange card stock to further differentiate your flyer from others.

Hope this helps.

larolargo

Registered
Thank you for the response Stephen and Andrea! I'm actually planning to do my flyers with fluorescent colors and use the "wolffs" sample.

I'm just having difficult in picking a farm area. I'm looking for properties in Surrey(#1 in BC); however, I'm not sure which neighborhood to target to do my marketing campaign since the city is very large. What criteria should I use to pick a neighborhood?

Andrea, could you please give me more details on driving traffic to my website? So far I've been using craigslist and google adwords with very little success.

Thanks again!

Mario

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Mario,

For GoogleAdwords - I myself don't do it, my sales guy does, but I know that it is important what tag words you use - for us we use words like buy houses, fast, quick, cash, etc. A search engine optimizer (SEO) is a person whose job it is to get you on top of Google either using GoogleAdwords or thru organic rankings. Ask around for a referral to someone who does SEO. Try using kijiji as well and advertise under "real estate services" section. Because you are in a large city, you may have to repost or bump your ad every day - try after 4pm or 6pm when people are home and surfing the net.

I would suggest choosing a neighbourhood in Surrey that is affordable but not a war zone that is desirable - schools, shopping etc, just like on the goldmine scorecard. Ask a realtor to help you determine what areas people want.

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom