Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Minimum amount of equity on AFS!

larolargo

Registered
What's the minimun amount of equity do you guys require to take over a debt on AFS(no repairs needed)?

Is $10,000 good enough?

Thank you!

Mario

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
on what value property ?

80K ? 250K ? $1M ? $6M ?

Do you want to buy my used car .. it is only $7500 !

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
it depends on

a) interest rate of AfS

b) overall purchase price

10K might be sufficient !

More details please !

Also: are you the buyer .. or the seller ?

People have drowned in rivers one foot deep on average !

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Mario, I think you're asking how much free equity to look for when purchasing via AFS? That is, what is the difference between the mortgage obligation and the market value of the property?

Thomas is right, the correct answer is "it depends".

At $10K equity on a $300K property, it's near enough to zero to consider the property 100% financed, without you having to qualify. That could be good if you have a solid exit plan in place and some decent cashflow or it could be disastrous if there's no exit, no cash flow, and no reserve. With little or no equity, the most critical element is going to be a solid exit strategy at the AFS expiry. Second is that there is some solid cash flow. You need a decent spread between your revenue and your income. That's really hard to do when financed 100%.

larolargo

Registered
That's exactly what I mean Jim, free equity!

It's very hard to find sellers willing to give away more than $10,000 in free equity. However, most of the time they are almost 100% financed.

Ron mentions around 10-15% in free equity(no repairs) but it's really hard to find those types of deals!

Thank you!

Mario

GaryMcGowan

Registered
What Ron mentions should be considered a guideline. Most numbers he uses does not translate into Canadian numbers. What does work is the theory he teaches and the ability to create a solution for a seller or a buyer

Top Bottom