Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Storage rental Ad

Davidwall

Registered
I am having a difficult time renting out some storage units I have in a basement of one of my buildings. I would love some help from REIN ad writers. Following is an ad I was planning to place on line and in the local newspaper. What do you think?

Why you want to store your possessions here? Free Quality space now available.

Heated and safe storage for your valuables and other essential items. No need to throw it all out. Inventory your keepsakes in new, clean storage units close to town. One month of free storage if you lease for 6 months. Call Maureen today before they are all gone.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
The first sentence has a bit of a negative spin. So does "no need to throw it all out."

You could focus your ad on reducing clutter, organizing their lives, and simplifying. You could also try to make the ad more fun with an opening line like:

Take back your closets! or

Lost your keys?...Your cat?...Your children? We have the solution...

Also, if the units are in the basement, why would you advertise to the public via internet and newspaper? Are you planning on allowing non-residents to have access to your building? I would only allow residents and perhaps my contractors to rent the space.

Pheenix

REIN Member
You have some good advice from Sherilynn.

Some additional points to consider is that storage is generally a local activity. As this doesn't seem to be your main business you probably will not attract clients from a wide geographic area. Match your primary marketing activites to the 'catchment area' of your prospects. Do you have a loading area, are the units large or small, or do you have some of each?

Consider what alternatives the prospects have and why they might choose you. Basement storage units are generally more difficult to rent than above grade. The principle concerns are lighting, dampness and access, you mention heat, is that 'ventilated' or merely residual from the rest of the building, and is it dry? Do you have wide stairways or an elevator? If so mention 'easy access' or something.

Also from a business prespective, make sure the discount is at the end or for full prepayment only. Why offer discount to someone who moves out after 3 months? Make sure you have a good contract and that you know your rights for dealing with deliquencies, they may well be different than the other rental arrangements you have.

Good luck

R

RussellWestcott

I'll get Ray to look at a bit of the copy.... but please let us know where you are posting your ads.

Newspaper only?

Online... Where?

Any pictures??

Have you gone through the entire Solid Oak Marketing Strategies workbook (the one you received when you joined REIN)?

Have you completed the exercises in that report:

- Wrote out 50 potential headlines?

- Wrote out the key features of the storage units?

- Turned the features into benefits?

Please post on this thread some of the exercises in that report and we will be happy to give you some feedback... you will be amazed at how good the ad copy will turn out once you take these first few steps.

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
Attention moderators: this post may need to be moved to a better forum... Ask an Expert - marketing ?

Top Bottom