Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Student Works Painting

grantala

Registered
Hello All,

This weekend I came across a booth for Student Works Painting at a home show and was impressed by the information I got.

Have any of you used Student Works for painting projects? If so, was the level of work decent? and most importantly, If you have used them, would you use them again?

Thanks!

HeatherBrandt

Registered
QUOTE (grantala @ Mar 17 2008, 06:15 AM) Hello All,

This weekend I came across a booth for Student Works Painting at a home show and was impressed by the information I got.

Have any of you used Student Works for painting projects? If so, was the level of work decent? and most importantly, If you have used them, would you use them again?

Thanks!

Hi, we have used them on 3 houses (2 rentals, 1 our own home, all outside painting) in Red Deer a few years ago. We were happy with their work and had lower quotes at the time than University Painters. You (or someone else) need to assess the work while it`s being done in case there are areas you think need to be fixed (ie paint splatters, another coat required) which was always done for us. They were fairly accurate on start and finish time. I think they have a good system and support the owner/operators fairly well.

Hope that helps,

Heather Brandt

Shamon

Registered
I have used them on two or three houses about 5 years ago and will never use them again. The company doesn`t seem to provide much training to the managers or the painters.

QUOTE (grantala @ Mar 17 2008, 07:15 AM) Hello All,

Thanks!

jmassecar

Registered
QUOTE (Shamon @ Mar 18 2008, 01:12 PM) I have used them on two or three houses about 5 years ago and will never use them again. The company doesn`t seem to provide much training to the managers or the painters.

My girlfriend is a manager for SWP two years running and I have some input. The east and west are run very differently so don`t base your decision solely on that. Also, each manager has the opportunity to run their businesses differently from one another because SWP preaches autonomy and self reliance. I`ve been involved in business meetings with the company and I`d say it is very well run and a very professional organization. They give their managers tons of support...like REIN. I would recommend getting input regarding specific managers or cities not just the company as a whole. they have a 93% completely satisfied customer rate in the east! This stat to me is fantastic! So, in short SWP is an awesome company and a great opportunity to help professional, mature students with their own start up businesses! Sound familiar?

Food for thought,

Justin

invst4profit

Registered
My son worked for the local company several years ago. He had very little training
on paint prep and was very poorly supervised.
I would guess like any group of student employees it is hit and miss quality wise.
Personally I would not let my son paint my house without very close supervision.

Top Bottom