Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Technology Triangle KWC report

stefaniefurtado

Registered
Has anyone tried to open the file Technology Triangle KWC? I`ve downloaded it but when Powerpoint tries to open it I get an error that says PowerPoint couldn`t open because no coverter for this file type is installed.

I`ve tried to open it on 2 different computers and get the same error.

The file in under Member Resources, Critical Forms, Specific Town Research.

Thanks
Stefanie

GarthChapman

Registered
Stephanie, I went to the file and found the same result as you did. I noticed below the item there are some operations choices, one of which is `report this file as broken` - which I did.

If you go to it again you can click on the link `notify me when this file is updated`, and I suspect that might automatically message you when it is fixed.

The other choices are:
`Find all files by this member`
`Add this file to your favourites`

Pretty handy stuff!

Hope that helps,

stefaniefurtado

Registered
Thanks Garth!

I`ve done as you said about notify me when this file is updated. I also let Grant know, he is the person who posted that file.

Thanks for checking the file out.

Stef

Grant

Registered
This is actually the best method of letting me know, because otherwise my PM box gets full.
I`m not a huge fan of the "Report this file as broken", because it is almost always not the file itself that is broken. It`s just that the file doesn`t finish downloading
. You should check the file size on your computer against that listed under "Statistics". If it doesn`t match, it hasn`t fully downloaded.

This is what`s happening in this case. We asked our web host to increase the time allowed for downloads (it`s currently at 30 seconds), but apparently nothing has been done. So we will work on this again.

Top Bottom