Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Real Estate Outlook - 2022 and Beyond

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
Wow, what an amazing 2 years. Canadian Real Estate. Some Real Estate markets booming, while others are facing 7 years of a strait downturn. Some sectors hot as fire, other slow to recover. Oil prices, interest rates, 30% price increases in 1 year, what could possibly happen in 2022 and beyond?

I'm asking these questions today to the top real estate experts across Canada, and I want YOU to be part of the discussion.

What do you think will happen to Canadian Real Estate in 2022 and Beyond?

Will the residential market crumble as CMHC predicted in early 2020? Will interest rates rise 2% this year?

Which sectors will do the best/worst. Multifamily/Industrial/Retail/Office - or Residential?

What impact will government have on the housing market?

Will house hacking or generational housing be the new normal for Canadian Real Estate?

I need YOU to be part of this this important discussion on the future of Canadian Real Estate. Please help me by commenting with your opinion on where things are going in 2022 and beyond. I plan to reach out across this great nation for answers to this important question.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
AB house prices will rise 20 to 25% on 2022.

BC about 10% more in most cities.

Condos less than that, say 12-15%, less in BC.

Mortgage rates will be 4% for 5 yr fixed by YE 2022 and 4.5% by YE 2023.

Retail lackluster.

Industrial up too 20-25%.

AB will lead Canada in GDP growth and in-migration.

Trudeau will resign for “personal reasons”.

Mark Carney will run in a safe Liberal ON seat in a by-election and will be the next PM after a brief Christie Freeland temporary run.

Property taxes, land transfer taxes, CO2 taxes and electricity rates will all rise double digits for a decade, per year.

Affordable housing in ON and BC will remain a key issue incl election issue for a decade.

Calgary Flames will end up in Houston.

The trucker protest will end violently with world wide coverage.

Summer 2022 will be awesome but almost no campsites, RV sites or hotels available anywhere. Totally jammed.

Thomas Beyer, Asset Manager & Improver, Hard Asset Investor & DeFi Asset Hodler, Author, Father, Mentor, Hiker, Kayaker www.prestprop.com

Last edited:

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Please shed some light on this:

Will the latter happen before or after the end of the protest?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Please shed some light on this:

Will the latter happen before or after the end of the protest?

Protest and vaxx mandates will end and Trudeau will resign sometime in mid to late 2022 as he is the most distrusted, divisive and financial inept PM in Canadian history.

Many truckers will not leave voluntarily. Now they froze their funds. This will not end well unless all mandates are removed soon.

Canada will have lowest GDP/capita this decade according to OECD.View attachment 2956

Thomas Beyer, Asset Manager & Improver, Hard Asset Investor & DeFi Asset Hodler, Author, Father, Mentor, Hiker, Kayaker www.prestprop.com

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Agreed, he is a big bully, totalitarian-ism at its best. So, about the looming Interest rate hikes, which has already started in Europe, should the investors with variable rates on their mortgages lock in ASAP?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Agreed, he is a big bully, totalitarian-ism at its best. So, about the looming Interest rate hikes, which has already started in Europe, should the investors with variable rates on their mortgages lock in ASAP?

Variable rates today are around prime, but if you get one today maybe prime minus 1% or so. Prime bring 2.45% (a total ripoff btw) ie 1.45 if refi today.

If prime goes up 1.5-1.75% over two years it might not be more expensive than fixed, maybe in 2-3 years though. So no, no need to lock in fast if at prime now even, re refi at prime minus 0.9-1%.

Last edited:

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
I love the predictions on Alberta. Predictions on Ontario and the Maritimes?

Millions

Registered
Highly doubt the 20% increase. The last time we had bidding wars was 07, and the crash happened in 2008. Canada is obviously extremely behind in building, not to mention zoning issues, and the pressure is on to fix that. With more land than anywhere else in the world, there's no reason to some of the most expensive RE on the planet. Much of the issues right now is zoning and lack of supplies, both in terms of actual supplies and the people to do the job. Both downtown Calgary and Edmonton are, what, 35% empty? I know it's being propped up by out of province buyers, but can't forsee that happening much longer.

Top Bottom