Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Plea

wgraham

REIN Member
Hello everyone,

There are many great threads and topics on this forum and I for one benefit greatly from all of your input but I have a simple plea.....let`s keep topics on topic.

We see many posts go completely sideways for a couple of reasons. Mostly some people just want to get their two cents in and it is their right to do so but I would like each of you to ask yourself....does what I am about to say contribute in a positive way to the topic or not. I wouldn`t say that I haven`t been guilty of stirring the pot from time to time but....I would like to think that I do more to contribute than just stirring things up.

There are many points of view and I appreciate that but it is frustrating to find info when it is buried in a post on a completely unrelated topic. The post will start out talking about rents and get to green house emissions. All valid points but the topic got completely derailed and the original poster didn`t get their issue addressed.

So.... a complicated plea to please keep your topics on topic. If need be start a new thread.....and vent all you want there.

I am sure we will see the irony in this post soon enough. So...how about the game last night?

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (wgraham @ Oct 4 2010, 08:04 PM) So...how about the game last night?

Well, this is only tangentially related, but the Flames ended pre-season undefeated on Sunday! Sorry, couldn`t help myself.
Agree that its great to try to keep topics focused on the OP as much as possible.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Bizaro
How did you come up with your name? Were you born in 1986?
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ Oct 5 2010, 09:59 AM) Well, this is only tangentially related, but the Flames ended pre-season undefeated on Sunday! Sorry, couldn`t help myself.
Agree that its great to try to keep topics focused on the OP as much as possible.

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Oct 5 2010, 09:00 AM) Hi Bizaro
How did you come up with your name? Were you born in 1986?

It was originally a nod to the comic strip of the same name, and the 86 is my birth year. Its not real estate related, but I use the same username on all the forums I participate on so I can remember my login name.

Michael

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ Oct 5 2010, 06:59 AM) Well, this is only tangentially related, but the Flames ended pre-season undefeated on Sunday! Sorry, couldn`t help myself.
Didn`t this game contribute to excessive global warming ? Should we cancel all NHL and CFL games for a decade and measure its impact on the earth`s temperature ?

Surely, no driving to arenas, less TV`s on to watch stuff, less heating of arenas and parallel cooling of ice surface would reduce the CO2 carbon footprint ?

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Oct 5 2010, 10:48 AM) Didn`t this game contribute to excessive global warming ? Should we cancel all NHL and CFL games for a decade and measure its impact on the earth`s temperature ?

Surely, no driving to arenas, less TV`s on to watch stuff, less heating of arenas and parallel cooling of ice surface would reduce the CO2 carbon footprint ?

I agree with your point that it might help with global warming. But then what about the effect of less fossil fuel use, hurting the economy in W. Canada. That might potentially lower rents in Alberta!

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Before we start cancelling games and measuring the effect on weather, I think we should commission a study to determine the viability of heating the hockey arenas using a hot-air recapture method and some retired politicians.

Also, I don`t like fish.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Oct 5 2010, 01:21 PM) ..

Also, I don`t like fish.
I prefer that to lamb actually ..

.. just to keep this post off topic ..

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Oct 5 2010, 03:57 PM) I prefer that to lamb actually ..

I love a good laugh, and I did LOL..... It`s always good to have a little humour weaved into these threads. :)

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Oct 5 2010, 03:57 PM) I prefer that to lamb actually ..

I think that is just because you had a bad vacation experience in New zEALAND.

BTW do you guys KNOW anything about the LATEST CAPsLOCK legislation?

JimWhitelaw

Registered
QUOTE (gwasser @ Oct 5 2010, 07:30 PM) BTW do you guys KNOW anything about the LATEST CAPsLOCK legislation?

|\|0, 7|-|@ $0U|\|D$ 4\/\/350/\/\3. (4|\| j00Z 73LL U$ /\/\0r3 4B0U7 17?

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (gwasser @ Oct 5 2010, 07:30 PM) BTW

what`s BTW....anyone got that link to Thomas`s abbreviation topic.....i searched abbreviation but it didn`t come up with anything.

What about the hockey game? you guys still haven`t answered my question about the hockey game.... frustrated!

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Oct 5 2010, 09:48 AM) Didn`t this game contribute to excessive global warming ? Should we cancel all NHL and CFL games for a decade and measure its impact on the earth`s temperature ?

Will you agree to cancel all soccer games as well Thomas?

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (wgraham @ Oct 5 2010, 06:58 PM)
what's BTW....anyone got that link to Thomas's abbreviation topic.....i searched abbreviation but it didn't come up with anything.

What about the hockey game? you guys still haven't answered my question about the hockey game.... frustrated!

BTW = by the way.

BTW - I don't know about the Hockey game, as we were playing golf this week in the desert. 45C when we landed last week and now down to low 30's. Much nicer.

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (wgraham @ Oct 5 2010, 07:58 PM)
what's BTW....anyone got that link to Thomas's abbreviation topic.....i searched abbreviation but it didn't come up with anything.

What about the hockey game? you guys still haven't answered my question about the hockey game.... frustrated!

BTW I read your write-up in Canadian Real Estate. Congratulations.

housingrental

Registered
Thanks Michael
Can you tell me about the bizaro comic and why you wanted to use it in your name?
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ Oct 5 2010, 11:32 AM) It was originally a nod to the comic strip of the same name, and the 86 is my birth year. Its not real estate related, but I use the same username on all the forums I participate on so I can remember my login name.

Michael

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Oct 6 2010, 09:00 AM) Thanks Michael
Can you tell me about the bizaro comic and why you wanted to use it in your name?

Its basically a witty, one panel cartoon. I`ve always liked it due to the cleverness factor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_(comic_strip)

It fits my personality, as it looks at the world a little differently, although the writer has gotten into the environmental movement a bit much for my taste.

Michael

Top Bottom