Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Ridiculous Question

DanBarton

Registered
Here is it...

We were working on a portfolio review the other day, and ofcourse we are very focused on one neighbourhood, we noticed that we have an inordinate number of properties on the same street!

Since we don`t self manage the properties it never really ocurred that we pretty much owned the majority of the block. So then we thought to ourselves that we should probally look at re-naming the street from `39` to a really great name that tenants would love, anyone else had this idea? I can think of some great names... especially for Forest Lawn.

Dan

JulieHoffman

Registered
First of all that`s AWESOME that you own almost a whole STREET!

Well done!

I like #`d streets because they are easy to find. I hate to rain on your parade because I am so proud of you. But if the houses are hard to find, then it will be hard for the tenants to find them, and that might impact your business. Also, you may or may not eventually sell and it will be the same potential frustration for the buyers. Food for thought.

Best of luck!

GaryMcGowan

Registered
I love the idea Dan, make it happen. We don`t have numbered streets in Ontario and our tenants still manage to find our properties.

DanBarton

Registered
Humm interesting...

I live in Victoria, and we don`t understand the numbered street system here.

In fact I might rate Victoria one of the worst for getting around in and I think it may be so that people can`t leave the island as they get lost driving around, see all the beautiful scenery and figure they might as well stay.

There is one road, that is the same road but changes names 4 times…! Figure that one out.

Anyhow I’ll log this idea in my book, see if anything comes of it in the following years.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dan

Fortuneinvesting

Registered
QUOTE (DanBarton @ Jun 22 2009, 01:53 PM) Humm interesting...

I live in Victoria, and we don`t understand the numbered street system here.

In fact I might rate Victoria one of the worst for getting around in and I think it may be so that people can`t leave the island as they get lost driving around, see all the beautiful scenery and figure they might as well stay.

There is one road, that is the same road but changes names 4 times…! Figure that one out.

Anyhow I’ll log this idea in my book, see if anything comes of it in the following years.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dan

How about Oasis Street? haha fitting and desireable

DanBarton

Registered
QUOTE (Fortuneinvesting @ Jun 22 2009, 01:52 PM) How about Oasis Street? haha fitting and desireable

haha I like it. Thx.

vandriani

REIN Member
Heck, why stop at the street ...rename the community... Oasis Park...has a nice ring to it

TonyMandrique

Registered
QUOTE (DanBarton @ Jun 19 2009, 12:21 PM) Here is it...

We were working on a portfolio review the other day, and ofcourse we are very focused on one neighbourhood, we noticed that we have an inordinate number of properties on the same street!

Since we don`t self manage the properties it never really ocurred that we pretty much owned the majority of the block. So then we thought to ourselves that we should probally look at re-naming the street from `39` to a really great name that tenants would love, anyone else had this idea? I can think of some great names... especially for Forest Lawn.

Dan

Wow! Owning the entire block! That`s awesome! How did you do that? I am sure yours is one amazing story to tell. Would you care to share? Thanks.

Tony M

Top Bottom