Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accountants- lessons learned in Northern BC!

BeckyL

Registered
My husband and I currently own 1 rental and are working to purchase more. Being from a small Northern BC town our choices for local "good team members" are very limited. We recently discovered our personal accountant has consistently made some repeated errors on our simple personal taxes (has since been corrected by another local accountant leaving us with interest charges!) but in our opinion neither one has the experience/expertise we need when it comes to advising us on matters of real estate or how we should structure our business.

We have some big goals to reach and want to start out on the right foot. Since we are willing to travel for good advice but don't want to waste anymore time/money, is there a good real estate accountant somewhere between Prince George, Fort St John, BC or Grande Prairie, AB? Even Edmonton? Any advice for frustrated newbies?

Thank you all so much for your time and I appreciate reading all your posts. Joining REIN is in the works as our savings grow.

Have a lovely day,

B

ChrisLafratta

Registered
Your accountant doesn't have to be local. It's unlikely that you'll find the best accountant in a remote resource town. Your accountant can be anywhere in the country. George Dube and Navaz Murji and some great real estate investment accountants.

Chris

LAndersen

Registered
I agree that location shouldn't matter as long as the team member has the knowledge you need. I would recommend using George Dube and his team. We have used him for the past couple years and are very happy!

Neil1

Registered
[quote user=LAndersen] would recommend using George Dube and his team.

How are their fees? for a corporation for example is it around 1k, 2k or 3k?

Thanks,

Neil

2shoes

Registered
I also recommend Dube and Cuttini LLP. They can setup a meeting via Skype and it's just like being there.

Mark

Top Bottom