Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Airless Sprayer for Painting interior of house?

Allie

Registered
I am wondering what the cons of using airless sprayers are. I have no idea why most professional painting companies don`t use them since I would think they would save a lot of time so I`m obviously missing something. I was thinking of renting one but I would like to know what experts here think:

http://www.edmontonrent-all.com/RENTAL%20P...t%20rentals.htm

markbrad

Registered
Cons might be the amount of masking you have to do to avoid overspray. I use it in new homes or major renos (flooring coming out) It works great, as it is almost three times as fast as dip,roll,dip,roll.... Unless you are really good, you will need someone to roll behind you, or do a small portion and then roll yourself, to even out the paint. Still way faster though. If you have to mask the ceiling, windows, doors, cabinets, tubs, toilets etc., you may want to do it by hand. I find it nice when I am doing three coats (primer and 2 color) once it is all masked because I HATE cutting in by hand! Word of caution if masking and spraying... Peel your tape and masking down after your last coat while the paint is still damp to avoid tearing and peeling of new paint (15 min) Also, mask about 2 feet from corners, esp with darker colors (ie brown against white ceiling, it doesn`t take much of a mist to be noticed when the tape is torn down!) I just finished spraying doors and trim with great success, and time saving! (Before installation)

Mark

Allie

Registered
Thanks for your helpful reply! May I ask what size tank you used and what materials did you use for masking? I like your tip about peeling off the masking before its dry.
P.S Do you have to use paint thinners and would Melamine paint work with this contraption?

DOZAH

Registered
markbrad I must comment that your post was perfect.
Anything I could have recommended to MatzoB you just took the words out of my mouth.

Thats why I love this forum, it offers wisdom you can`t put a price on.
Bravo

DOZAH

Registered
p.s. MatzoB, don`t forget to do your passover cleaning, it`s coming up fast

Allie

Registered
QUOTE (DOZAH @ Mar 26 2009, 10:03 PM) p.s. MatzoB, don`t forget to do your passover cleaning, it`s coming up fast

LOL... Too clever
Remember, "dirt is not chametz!"

Allie

Registered
I forgot to ask if I would have to use a paint thinner and whether melamine paint would work with these sprayers?

Top Bottom