Alberta Condo Conversion check list?

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
I have been unable to find a check list or list of procedures to follow when converting apartments to condo in Alberta.

Can someone point me in the direction to find such a document or help?

Thanks,
Dan Eisenhauer

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Dan

Lawyer Howard Wiens is currently working on a complete program for those who want to be converting condos, it wil include EVERYTHING we need, which is great news as there never has been a simple and complete source for this information.

As each province has its own regulations and rules, there will be a separate book for each province. For instance (and you will see how some regions have more reglations than others:

The BC one is currently 600+ pages

The Alberta is currently approx 300+ pages

The Ontario version is approximately 425+ pages.

Can`t wait to see the finished work (in early 2008!)

CalgaryExpert

REIN Member
Hello Dan, I have done several condo conversions..please contact me ..and i may be able provide you the info you require.

tim mangat REIN Member
[email protected]

QUOTE (mikim @ Nov 8 2007, 03:02 PM) I have been unable to find a check list or list of procedures to follow when converting apartments to condo in Alberta.

Can someone point me in the direction to find such a document or help?

Thanks,
Dan Eisenhauer

GarthChapman

Registered
Dan,
I also have done a few and I created a checklist to cover the process and various other documents that are required. Let me know if you`d like to see what I have here if that might help you out.

navaz

Registered
Hi Dan

I am just working on one in Edmonton. So far we had to get a surveyor to do the survey -which breaks the complex to units, then we need an engineer to report that the property is clear of -hmm some kind of steel pylons??? then get approval from the city -you will have one year to register and get approval from all the parties that have mortgages and liens to allow the condo to have priority over the property and it is done

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
Thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate your input.

I look forward to seeing the finished products, Don. If they are like everything else REIN has produced, they will be winners.

Dan

braunke

Registered
Good day Don......

Just further enquiring into your comment below. Are you aware if these documents are ready yet?

I appreciate any assistance.

All the best,

Keith

QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Nov 8 2007, 06:22 PM) Hi Dan

Lawyer Howard Wiens is currently working on a complete program for those who want to be converting condos, it wil include EVERYTHING we need, which is great news as there never has been a simple and complete source for this information.

As each province has its own regulations and rules, there will be a separate book for each province. For instance (and you will see how some regions have more reglations than others:

The BC one is currently 600+ pages

The Alberta is currently approx 300+ pages

The Ontario version is approximately 425+ pages.

Can`t wait to see the finished work (in early 2008!)