Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any investors in Kamloops?

sofanit

Registered
Hi

I want to know if anyone here has invested in Kamloops and what their experience has been. I am just in the processing of researching different areas and I know that Kamloops is one of the areas REIN has recommended in B.C. I know it has a low vacancy rate but is it hard to find a good property manager?

I need a realtor and property manager there also should I decide to invest in Kamloops.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sophie

tonypeters

Registered
Sophie,

I have just established a presence in Kamloops myself, so I would be happy to provide you with some feedback/guidance. QUOTE (sofanit @ Oct 1 2009, 08:25 PM) Hi

I want to know if anyone here has invested in Kamloops and what their experience has been. I am just in the processing of researching different areas and I know that Kamloops is one of the areas REIN has recommended in B.C. I know it has a low vacancy rate but is it hard to find a good property manager?

I need a realtor and property manager there also should I decide to invest in Kamloops.

Sophie

coinebro

Registered
QUOTE (sofanit @ Oct 1 2009, 07:25 PM) Hi

Sophie

Sophie, I have looked in Kamloops for a while as well. I have enjoyed working with River city realty, in particular Vince or Ian.

Owen

blazer

Registered
I live in Kamloops. I joined REIN in March of this year.

I purchased first property in August...renovated and have rented out.

Currently looking for 2nd property. Focus is townhouses close to local university.

Looking to network with REIN members who are in Kamloops or looking to invest in Kamloops.

Brent

Rico

REIN Member
I live in Kamloops. Just joined REIN after ACRE live in Calgary it was a great time.

I would also like to network with REIN members in Kamloops.

Anyone know of a Realtor that specializes in property investing?

Rico

tonypeters

Registered
Sophie, I am not sure if you are aware, but we just opened a stand alone office in Kamloops.

You will
start to see our "BUYING" (We Buy Houses) and our "SELLING" (Lease To Own) marketing machines on bus benches in and around town within the next week or two.

Have you attended a Kamloops Blazers game lately? If so, you may have also seen our investment advertisement on one of the rink boards. It is located in front of a penalty box and it is titled…"Invest To WIN!"

I am sharing this with you because our marketing machine will uncover MANY great buying opportunities! As a result, we will be making some of these opportunities available to other real estate investors.

If you are interested in participating in our program and or networking with us, I ask that you please let me know and I will put you in touch with our business partners.

Wishing You Life Success!

QUOTE (sofanit @ Oct 1 2009, 07:25 PM) Hi

Sophie

blazer

Registered
Tony

I live in Kamloops and a REIN member.

Would love to network and I own a local out-of-home media company that you may want to consider in regards to your
branding strategies (www.mediateam.ca)

regards,

Brent Gropp

tonypeters

Registered
Brent, I would be happy to introduce my business partners to you. If you would care to provide me with your contact information by forwarding an e-mail to me I will pass on your information. Please forward this info to [email protected].

Thanks!

QUOTE (blazer @ Nov 11 2009, 02:56 PM) Tony

I live in Kamloops and a REIN member.

Would love to network and I own a local out-of-home media company that you may want to consider in regards to your
branding strategies (www.mediateam.ca)

regards,

Brent Gropp

sstokes

REIN Member
Looks like there`s a few of us. Anyone interested in meeting? We could arrange an opportunity to get-together?

Susan

kbroberg

Registered
I would also be interested in meeting other REIN members who are in Kamloops. I have recently joined REIN and moved to Kamloops and would be interested in discussing real estate in Kamloops. If anyone else is interested please feel free to send me your contact information.

Kurt

dchow

Registered
Dear Fellow REINers,

I keep on hearing about Kamloops being a good place to invest as one of the top REIN BC towns. Conversely, I hear that Kamloops is too overpriced for the size of the town.

Unfortunately, I don`t live in Kamloops and have very little knowledge of the town. Could someone please fill me in what big things are happening there? I`m curious about why it`s such a good place to invest? Is it relatively easy to get cashflowing properties by doing student housing? I know Thompson Rivers University is a major university out there. So student housing is definitely a good avenue. What other major industries are there that could contribute to rising incomes?

Thanks in advance for your information.

roydavidson

Registered
I live in Kamloops and I am in the process of joining REIN. I`m interested in meeting like minded real esate investors to master mind with. Thanks.

roydavidson

Registered
Hello Kurt,

I live in Kamloops and joined REIN in December 2010. I too am looking to meet like minded people to form a master mind group to help each other achieve success. My contact information is below. I look forward to talking to you.

Roy Davidson

cell # 250-819-0733

home # 250-374-5365

e-mail: [email protected]

roydavidson

Registered
Hello Rico,

I live in Kamloops and joined REIN in December 2010. I too am looking
to meet like minded people to form a master mind group to help each
other achieve success. My contact information is below.

Roy Davidson

cell # 250-819-0733

home # 250-374-5365

roydavidson

Registered
Hello Susan,

I was surfing the REIN forums and saw this old post. I live in Kamloops and joined REIN in December 2010. I too am looking
other achieve success. My contact information is below. I look forward
to talking to you.

Roy Davidson

cell # 250-819-0733

home # 250-374-5365

roydavidson

Registered
Hello Brent,

I live in Kamloops and joined REIN in December 2010. I too am looking
other achieve success. My contact information is below. I look forward
to talking to you.

Roy Davidson

cell # 250-819-0733

home # 250-374-5365

RGMurray

Registered
I realize that this thread is kinda old, but, I too live in Kamloops and I recently purchased my first investment property here. I'm very interested in networking with fellow investors / REIN members in town. My REIN membership expired, but I'm saving to get back in, and I'd like to start surrounding myself with positive like-minded people.

I'm also a REALTOR in town, and I specialize in working with residential real estate investors. I fully understand the REIN methods, and they are exactly what I use to analyze my own properties. Unfortunately, many people looking for a home of their own don't really care about the numbers, which is why I love working with investors!

If anyone every wants to get together for a drink or a chat, I'd love to as well. Drop me a line:

Glen Murray

250-318-0815

[email protected]

RGMurray

Registered
[quote user=dchow]Dear Fellow REINers,

I keep on hearing about Kamloops being a good place to invest as one of the top REIN BC towns. Conversely, I hear that Kamloops is too overpriced for the size of the town.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Kamloops and have very little knowledge of the town. Could someone please fill me in what big things are happening there? I'm curious about why it's such a good place to invest? Is it relatively easy to get cashflowing properties by doing student housing? I know Thompson Rivers University is a major university out there. So student housing is definitely a good avenue. What other major industries are there that could contribute to rising incomes?

Thanks in advance for your information.
%3C

Kamloops is a good place to invest because of it's various economic factors. First, the population growth in the town has been quite rapid. In the last census, Kamloops was growing faster than the provincial average. It's also along many different transport lines, which makes it a hub for the area. Three highways and two rail lines converge here. Kamloops also has a diverse economy as well. The town isn't solely dependent on the forest industry, which is nice. To name some of the major employers in the town, you'd have the BC Lottery Corporation, Interior Health, the Highland Valley Copper Mine, the Thompson River's University, and more.

While real estate prices are high in the area, I don't know if they're 'too high' to invest. In the current economy, there are a tonne of properties that can cashflow, and they can be purchased for less than they were pre-recession. To top it all off, interest rates are still very low. Even better, vacancy rates in Kamloops are next to zero. For a while there, vacancy rates were at around 0%. Even during the recession, vacancy rates rose to around 0.5% for most types of property. That's still extremely low. I have heard from many people who rent their units that they are bombarded by inquiries the same day that they list their home for rent. I also believe that there are many niche renting opportunities available. Hardly anyone allows pets, and I know there are many people desperate for a pet friendly apartment.

And, there are many areas in Kamloops that you can choose to invest in, depending on what you're looking for. Average rents are highest in Aberdeen and Sahali, which is
the most popular place for people to live because they are close to
amenities and the university. That said, properties are most expensive
there as well. Rooms are currently being rented around $550 per month
to university students, and the average 2 bedroom apartment goes for
around $1000 - $1200, to be conservative.

In terms of population growth, Aberdeen grew around 14% according to the
last census (2001-2006). It's the fastest growing area in Kamloops.
Sahali is growing a bit slower because it has less developable land, but
it's still growing. North Kamloops is also growing at around 5%, but
rents are a bit lower there....but then again, so are prices.

If you're looking for areas that are near redevelopment, both downtown
Kamloops and North Kamloops have redevelopment plans in place, and there
are various incentives for developers who will work on certain types of
property. The amount of development that was completed in the North
Kamloops Community Centre area between 2009 and 2010 has been quite
impressive. There's a new old folks home, new condo apartments that
house the North Kamloops Library on the main level, a new hotel, and
more. It's a small area that has had a lot of work done in a short
period of time, which is nice to see.

There's a tonne of things going on in Kamloops that are nice to hear
about. Recently, the Highland Valley Copper Mine's life was extended by
6 years, pushing it's life expectancy out to 2025. The Thompson Rivers
University is getting it's own faculty of law, with the first semester
happening in the fall of 2011. The university is a huge employer in
the city, and it's great to see it grow and expand. And there's much
more.

Hopefully this answers your question a little. If you ever want to talk statistics or about investing in Kamloops, drop me a line.

Glen

250-318-0815

Top Bottom