Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone have a sample of a JV Agreement for two people?

selewis

Registered
Looking for a sample of a JV agreement for two people. My lawyer is making one up. He is a real estate lawyer. Very competent. Has done many partnership agreements. But a real estate partnership for one money partner and one expertise partner is a new one for him. He will do a great job of putting one together for me. But I just wanted to make sure we don`t miss any good ideas that have been helpful to other JVers out there.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
If you click on the DOWNLOADS button above, that will open another window,

In there you will find CRITICAL FORMS. You can find various forms, including JV agreements there.

QUOTE (selewis @ Mar 11 2009, 12:08 PM) Looking for a sample of a JV agreement for two people. My lawyer is making one up. He is a real estate lawyer. Very competent. Has done many partnership agreements. But a real estate partnership for one money partner and one expertise partner is a new one for him. He will do a great job of putting one together for me. But I just wanted to make sure we don`t miss any good ideas that have been helpful to other JVers out there.

selewis

Registered
Dan... yes, thank you.. But I am simply a Forum member and not a REIN member at this point. So those forms are inaccessible to me.

Yassi

Registered
QUOTE (selewis @ Mar 11 2009, 01:29 PM) Dan... yes, thank you.. But I am simply a Forum member and not a REIN member at this point. So those forms are inaccessible to me.

Then you need to take action and become a member! Actions= Results don`t forget!

selewis

Registered
QUOTE (Yassi @ Mar 13 2009, 09:47 AM) Then you need to take action and become a member! Actions= Results don`t forget!

lol. thanks for the advice. action is what`s causing my problems these days! it`s my action that has pushed me toward JVs. at the moment we own eleven income properties. but the banks are starting to slow down in their approvals of us (me and my wife) by ourselves. CMHC is saying "No" to us as well now. so JV partners are going to be important to our next phase of investing. trying to figure out this JV thing now. it`s a new track for us.

but again, thanks for the advice. i couldn`t agree more regarding action.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
All the more reason to become a member and learn how to deal with those situations at a regular monthly meeting.

The information you could gleen at one meeting could pay for your membership for several years.

GSI

REIN Member
QUOTE (selewis @ Mar 11 2009, 01:08 PM) Looking for a sample of a JV agreement for two people. My lawyer is making one up. He is a real estate lawyer. Very competent. Has done many partnership agreements. But a real estate partnership for one money partner and one expertise partner is a new one for him. He will do a great job of putting one together for me. But I just wanted to make sure we don`t miss any good ideas that have been helpful to other JVers out there.

Selewis,

Your lawyer may be excellent at regular Real Estate. But, perhaps you need to find a lawyer that is an expert at doing JVs? Don`t spend a lot of your money educating him on the JVA (unless you feel that is a relationship you want to grow).

Ask him if he has any lawyer friends that have done this JVA before and get him to get a sample template of that. Then work from that together.

Thanks,

vandriani

REIN Member
You could purchase the "Joint Venture Secrets" package from REIN. It will help with the JV concepts and I believe there is supplimental files included, one of which maybe a sample JVA. But, I`m not 100% sure. Please verify before puchasing. Also, you will probably want a lawyer familiar with JVAs to review/add/remove/modify parts of your final JVA.

AndyLuchies

Registered
This is off topic, but I don`t understand why someone would try to re-invent the wheel when its already been invented? Why do it yourself, when REIN`s already invented the right way?

Join REIN, get a by-mail membership for $100 a month....do you think you`ll make $100 in your next JV deal? it seems like the obvious choice, and the clincher is that you have VERY successful real estate investors here telling you that they recommend it.

No one here questions your ability to do real estate investing without REIN, but the question is will REIN help you do it even better- yes, yes it will.

Think of it as paying your investment manager a $1200 salary ($100/month) to do nothing but gather research, forms, contracts, opinions, JV partners, financing, etc. for you 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.

Never has someone been willing to work for you for so little!!!!

Top Bottom