Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone using ADP Property Management?

wlam

Registered
I heard good reviews about Dan Pelletier (REIN Member) of ADP PM when I hired him. Then Donna Collins joined him and I thought "even better". The relationship is turning out to be a disaster. He is not communicating with me at all. Does anyone know what is going on with ADP and Dan Pelletier??

PeterQ

Registered
I've talked to more than one REIN members and have heard horror stories about them as well.

Overcharging for services and than not providing the services, not staying on top of non-paying tenants for months, demanding that sertain upgrades are done to a property.

And worst of all not communicating with the property owner once there are issues that have to be delt with.

Peter

markl

Registered
They are still there. My experience has been ok with them. Is it perfect no but I do not expect that.

Are they too busy yes they are. Are they trying to deal with being overloaded it seems they are they have just hired a new girl to work with them.

There are a couple of other good property managers out there. Good not perfect they have their faults as well.

I would try to give Lisa a call in the office or if you would like the other property managers names shoot me an email. As there are a bunch you need to run away from and some that will add value to your business.

[email protected]

Regards,

eddyb1978

Registered
I interviewed and i did not choose them as they did not make to my shortlist.

FlynBuy

Registered
wlam,

Same experience with ADP. I would suggest cutting your losses now and getting someone you can rely on. The stress is not worth it.

housingrental

Registered
Hi

While I can't comment from a client perspective I can say whenever I've
had any communications with ADP they have been courtesy, knowledgeable,
and fast to respond. I can not always say that about dealing with other
property management companies.

Have you tried phoning them and asking them the questions you have or
setting what expectations you want in terms of communicating (ie
emailing monthly statements, etc.. as you were hoping for?). This seems
like a good way for you to get what you want?

JoeRagona

Registered
I'm not familiar with ADP directly, but if you are looking for an alternate PM company, I recommend OneCall - Mike Krastev

1-866-960-8494 or mobile at 647-522-7172

[email protected]

Tell him I sent you, they will take care of you.

voicev13

REIN Member
Unfortunately, I had the same experience as you did and finally changed
property managers in August. I did not hear back from them for weeks at
a time. They said it was because their smartphones weren't working
well. Then they switched to iphones...same thing. No response. When
Dan did call back he was very courteous and would resolve any reason I
was calling very quickly however, the tough part was just a matter of
getting a hold of him. I called Esther and had her pass on my messages
(she was really a lovely lady). But, I'd wait and wait. Finally I gave
up.

The main reason I would try to get a hold of them was because they were
delayed all the time with their deposits, updating the invoices and
answering the tenant. The tenant would try to get a hold of ADP to ask
why they weren't cashing the rent until up to 3 weeks after it was
dated. They heard nothing back as well. When the tenant gave notice, he
tried to get a hold of ADP almost 2 months in advance and heard nothing
back. I finally had to go out and get the keys and do the final
walk-through myself.

I found this was a pattern with them when they were doing a big reno
project. They'd be preparing a property and simply neglect to
communicate.

cdurocher

Registered
My husband and I are having the same problems with Lynx Home Renovations and ADP right now. No communication or customer service. Dan underestimated the work involved with our Reno and is now way over budget and two months behind in completion. We have two of the three units complete and rented out but can't seem to get any response from Dan or Donna on when we will be seeing rent for one of the units. It's extremely frustrating and has made the experience very unappealing.

If anyone has a list of reputable PM`s for the Hamilton area I would be very appreciative of the assistance!

ThomasLorini

Registered
I too have had a difficult experience with ADP...instead of leaving another list of issues I am recommending Cornerstone Properties: Jeff Varcoe was excellent in coming in and quickly addressing all my concerns.

Thomas

McFire

Registered
Based on personal experience after hiring "Mr. Pelltier" over the course of six months, I would NOT recommend anyone to ADP.

I wish I had read this thread in early 2011.

markl

Registered
Hi Mcfire

I share your pain. I wish I had moved on from them earlier. I have Jeff from cornerstone managing my properties now. Depending on your location there are some smaller companies providing some pretty good service as well.

Regards,

AHWilliamson

REIN Member
I too decided to eat my losses and fired ADP in January 2012. Am now using Cornerstone Select. As Mark L says, they are good and there are a few others that I hear good things about as well.

Andrew Williamson,

Sales Representative,

The Williamson Team

Keller Williams Advantage Real Estate

bellaswan

Registered
ADP Propery Management offers full locksmithing service including master key systems. They well developed and planned systems allow them to manage any size
property, from single family to multi-family properties such as
duplexes, triplexes and larger.

McFire

Registered
I'm guessing Miss Swan is on the ADP payroll. Loved you in the Twilight series.

davidajones

Registered
IT"S OK TO BE AN IDIOT: NEXT TIME DO IT FASTER

I now have this sign on my wall at home. It reminds me that all the indications of a disaster were there with ADP but I took far to long to move on. I am an optimist and I find Dan one of the most like-able guys you could ever meet. Because of this I waited far too long and almost gave up on ever using Property Management. I ignored many of my business skills and let a bad situation go on for too long !

My Lessons and OPINIONS !

REIN Learning: I should have paid more attention to the topics about Property Management.

Did REIN endorse ADP? : When I was new at REIN Dan was at the back of the room for every REIN meeting and Donna was always handing out info for REIN. I took this as an implied endorsement by REIN. Donna was even on stage at one of the meetings. Notice, they are no longer in the room. I did write REIN a letter about my concerns for new members that would get caught like me. They didn't respond to me but I have faith they took action. ADP was the only company I have ever worked with that I met at a REIN meeting that didn't deliver. All the others, Mark RE agent, Josh Wendeler, HUB, etc have been awesome and made me money.

My Real estate agent recommended ADP and because of this I did not do my diligence. Stupid on my part. Lesson Learned. ADP cost him money too! Several other respected REIN members endorsed Dan and Donna because of their interactions at REIN meetings. They are bright, personable, and knowledgeable. But , I didn't check to see if they had actually worked with ADP and I think we were all surprised.

From Bad to Worse: When Donna joined Dan I thought this would be great. In fact when I met her that was what sealed the deal on going with ADP. When I told her they owed me money she said "I don't get involved with money." That should have been a clue. It got worse when she joined. Two people didn't return calls instead of one.

A REIN Member warned me about ADP early on: I wish I had listened to her more carefully. To her credit she posted the issue right away on the forum. She was one of the first and I think it was gutsy. I have now met many people who said they lived through a disaster. It's surprising how few of us posted our challenge with ADP on the forum. Maybe we all would have been better off much sooner.

Money was Always Late and Reports Had to be begged for: What was I thinking holding on. My corporate taxes are an unbelievable challenge and cost extra to prepare because of the crappy info.

Cash: ADP starting showing up to my meetings with cash. Tenants talked of paying rent by cash...the laundry machines started to declare less income....and yet I still held on.

I started to get involved in a Joint Venture with Dan,. wow, that's another story. Lucky to be out!

Did REIN Members always treat ADP fairly? There were several times were it was obvious that REIN members owed Dan money for renovations. In addition when he did property management for townhouses the rent went directly to the owner via Tenant Pay and then the owner would pay Dan for PM afterword. I was shocked when a few people including a friend told me they would make Dan wait for the PM fees. It seemed unfair and ADP should have walked away from managing these properties. It think this killed his cash flow and was the beginning of the end.

My Kids: My kids asked me several times why I was sticking it out in Hamilton. My 16 yr old said, hey Dad, if you like Dan go for a beer with him but stop trying to work with him cause it will never work ! My 25 year old was more pragmatic. Dad, if you ever get hit by a bus the first think I will do is fire ADP.

Dan was very critical of REIN and REIN members in my last couple of months with him. He was also very critical of my RE agent who had sent him a lot of business. That's when I realized, ok, it's over.

PLEASE FOLKS: If you are working with this group be careful. It was actually much worse than I described ! But that is only my opinion! And, I took far too long to reach it.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: A few times I have asked Thomas Beyer for input, or made a post knowing he would comment. I almost asked him about what I should do about my Property Management situation, then before I wrote the post I could hear his voice: it said....get a new Property Manager.
and I did.

Top Bottom