Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bandit Signs in Red Deer

dleischner

Registered
Good morning,

I was wondering if anybody had an experience posting "Bandit Signs" in the Red Deer area. I downloaded their sign bylaw, but it`s super long and a little convoluted regarding actual "Bandit Signs". I can email it to somebody if they`re interested in looking through it.

I`m looking for some real live results.

Thanks

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
The sign by-law in Red Deer says you can only put out garage sale and open house signs adjacent to the area where it takes place. Otherwise it is a $500 fine per sign - I almost leanred the hard way with that but thankfully the bylaw officer gave me 24 hours to remove signs.

Andrea Warkentin
www.IBuyHousesRedDeer.ca
www.RentToOwnToday.ca

QUOTE (dleischner @ Feb 24 2010, 10:10 AM) Good morning,

I was wondering if anybody had an experience posting "Bandit Signs" in the Red Deer area. I downloaded their sign bylaw, but it`s super long and a little convoluted regarding actual "Bandit Signs". I can email it to somebody if they`re interested in looking through it.

I`m looking for some real live results.

Thanks

dleischner

Registered
QUOTE (AndreaW @ Mar 11 2010, 02:49 PM) The sign by-law in Red Deer says you can only put out garage sale and open house signs adjacent to the area where it takes place. Otherwise it is a $500 fine per sign - I almost leanred the hard way with that but thankfully the bylaw officer gave me 24 hours to remove signs.

Andrea Warkentin
www.IBuyHousesRedDeer.ca
www.RentToOwnToday.ca

Geezzz... That`s a pretty steep fine. I guess that`s why I haven`t seen any signs posted anywhere.

What are you doing for alternative advertising (if you don`t mind me asking)?

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
I have a newspaper ad, kijiji ads, vinyl on my truck and bus bench ads. I also do open houses when I can with ugly pointer signs.

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (AndreaW @ Mar 19 2010, 01:02 PM) I have a newspaper ad, kijiji ads, vinyl on my truck and bus bench ads. I also do open houses when I can with ugly pointer signs.

I am curious as to how much the bus bench ads cost you? And what terms...such as minimum bench quantity, minimum commitment, how much to print the poster?

Thanks;
John

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
John,

It`s about $140/month per sign, 6 month contract - I have only received a couple of calls from them in past 5 months and no deals. I have one month left in my contract and I`m NOT renewing. My other advertising is far more profitable.

Andrea

Top Bottom