BC lease agreements

RisingWealth

Registered
Jun 4, 2008
Maple Ridge BC
I was hoping that someone could share a BC tenancy lease agreement, as I have not located one on the REIN site.

Thanks,
Mark

TerryF

Registered
Oct 14, 2007
Calgary
QUOTE (RisingWealth @ Aug 9 2009, 12:39 PM) Thanks terry, I know about that one, but are we allowed to use more detailed ones, like the ones I`ve seen for Alberta or are we restricted to using the RTB-1?

Hi,

I like to use the BC one for our rental there but I have customized it by adding in a few other things. If you do this though, be sure you are not violating any of the Residential Tenancy Laws in that province. If you do, it will just make that addition to the lease unenforceable.

RisingWealth

Registered
Jun 4, 2008
Maple Ridge BC
QUOTE (TerryF @ Aug 9 2009, 07:19 PM) Hi,

I like to use the BC one for our rental there but I have customized it by adding in a few other things. If you do this though, be sure you are not violating any of the Residential Tenancy Laws in that province. If you do, it will just make that addition to the lease unenforceable.

Right now I only have monthly rentals and I use an addendum which the RTA allows (and I`m fairly certain it doesn`t violate the act in any way). I guess I`ll just modify that to make it work. I`m just thinking ahead at this point because I have yet to interview anyone who wants to sign a lease. These are small units for singles so I`m sure a lease would be more likely with a house or 3 bdrm town house.

Thanks again for your help,
Mark