Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blackberry or iphone

LAndersen

Registered
Which one would you get and why? Which carrier do you find offers the best service and coverage for them as well?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
fish or steak .. broccoli or cauliflower .. Paris or London .. small house in city or big house in country .. BMW or Lexus ?

It is basically a matter of choice .. as EITHER is a great option !

thejules

REIN Member
I really love my BlackBerry 8520! But BlackBerry Messenger is what a lot of my team members and my co-workers use. I also down loaded some invester aps like the Mortgage Calculator.

I don't know anything about Iphones.

jonathanb

Registered
I would go with the Blackberry just because its a Waterloo based company and i prefer to buy local.

Im sure you'd be happy with either though :)

jon

tonyla

Registered
This is how I usually break it down for people that ask, and have no specific requirements.

iPhone

- Ease of use/Virtually no setup

- Integration with other apple products

- Real internet browser

- Easy backup/restore/sync

Android

- Customizability

- Physical keyboard

- Real internet browser with flash (though flash uses alot of battery)

- Different handsets from different manufacturers

BB

- BBM

- BES if your work supports it

In the end my preference is an iPhone as I just want a smart phone that works. If something goes with the hardware I can just buy another handset and restore everything as it was in a matter of minutes. That and I use OSX as my computing platform so it integrates well with the iPhone.

But as other's have said it's a matter of personal preference.

NorthernAlex

Registered
Totally a personal preference, but an easy call for me:

iPhone

It just works. PERIOD.

(And my prediction for 2012: Apple will buy Nokia or RIM. But I think Nokia.)

Ps: Thomas. Easy call again: BMW! :)

richardkp

REIN Member
There is an app called Property Evaluator Pro on the iPhone. You can't get it on the BlackBerry but it does property analysis on the go and will even email you a pdf of the report.

I think there is an online service as well that (not totally sure so research it first!!) sync's up as well.

I have this as my own and work supplied the BlackBerry Bold. Keys and screen too small for my personal liking.

I am sure that both will do the job but I love the iPhone

MJabora

Registered
I made the switch from an iPhone to the new Bold 9900. I'm very pleased with my decision. I couldn't get used to the touch screen keyboard on the iPhone for 2 years. I like BlackBerry's email a lot better than the iPhone as well. That being said, I do have a MacBook Pro - which I recommend for everyone. Overall, all cellphones are going to even out in the next few years and you should find a phone that works for you!

Matt

bizaro86

Registered
My only recommendation would be to make sure you try the keyboard on the iPhone before you sign up for a contract/buy one. My wife has an iPhone (which she really likes), but I can never get the keyboard to work, even for typing short things like web URLs or text messages.

billkeay

REIN Member
Hi there,

I just bought a new Bold 9900 and it is with Rogers. It is very quick and has lots of bells and whistles for a phone. The camera takes solid digital pictures with easy upload to Facebook and Twitter.

It was very easy to transfer my data over from my Curve in fact it took about 5 minutes, basically copy and save from one phone to the other.

I love the keyboard and the touch screen options, it is so much better than my old track ball on my Curve.

I like Blackberries because the data is secure and protected. There is a new application now called Blackberry protect, so you sign up for it. If you loose, misplace or if your phone is stolen you have the option to shut it down from your computer and protect your data. You can also have your data zapped or cleaned.

It is great for business. Blackberry messenger is free so you can BBM other blackberry users when you are out of the country and not get hit for data on your plan. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bill Keay

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]fish or steak .. broccoli or cauliflower .. Paris or London .. small house in city or big house in country .. BMW or Lexus ?

It is basically a matter of choice .. as EITHER is a great option !

Wish I could "like" this post. (Also wish phone envy would just end already.)

Top Bottom