Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buying a new Property in AB

markl

Registered
If I am purchasing a new property for the purposes of an investment can I get the GST paid on the property back?

I know I can in Ontario as well if I buy in a corp do I not have to pay the GST at all?

Thanks for your help

ajaysritharan

Registered
Hi Mark

You can apply for a GST rebate in Alberta. GST rebates are available on investment properties in Alberta as well.

Since GST is a federal tax, I believe the rebate is available across the country.

Ajayan Sritharan
Investor Relations Manager of Real Experts Inc
www.RealExpertsInc.com

"Buying under-market and cash-flowing properties in the best neighborhoods of the strongest towns."
Quirky research and insights on real estate and the economy at http://realexpertsinc.blogspot.com/

charmer56

Registered
I did not know about the Alberta gst rebate but will have to check into it. But because i was not moving into the home personally and was flipping it i had to pay the gst and was called by the feds to verify that. This property was in Alberta. No rebate for me. Jayne

markl

Registered
Thanks everybody I thought it may be the same. I just wanted to verify as I had a partner who was not getting this money back and I want him to apply as he has done numerous properties.

Regards,

Top Bottom