Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buying Lists of eg Renters

Carene

Registered
Hi from Carene

In US RE investors can buy many types of different lists.

Anyone know if and where to buy lists of eg renters for a suburb in Canada or is privacy act here prohibiting this?

Thanks!

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (Carene @ Feb 6 2010, 03:26 PM) OK Am sharing what I found- now if anyone has used these successfully - please comment as to your rating?
Emails without spamming problems get http://www.infocanada.ca/service/ca/salessolution

http://www.postcardmania.com

http://www.marcpub.com/buy-list/

You just pulled up 2 US list companies but admitedly not the main players you typically see. But right from the Marc Publishing website:

Custom built List of Renters
....for your area...anywhere in the USA

So I don`t think they can provide a list of Canadian renters.....or they would say so.

Anyone know for sure if there is no such thing as a list of Canadian renters due to the privacy act?

tonypeters

Registered
John,
You hit the nail right on the head! The Canadian Privacy Act prohibits the sharing of this type of information.

QUOTE (JohnSoucie @ Feb 8 2010, 02:41 PM) You just pulled up 2 US list companies but admitedly not the main players you typically see. But right from the Marc Publishing website:

Custom built List of Renters
....for your area...anywhere in the USA

So I don`t think they can provide a list of Canadian renters.....or they would say so.

Anyone know for sure if there is no such thing as a list of Canadian renters due to the privacy act?

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
And using Renters as an example. Such a list would become dated very quickly, assuming the question involves finding tenants who are currently looking.

One can go to Canada Post and collect the information about Postal Walks that are in primarily rented areas. You can search by residential or commercial, and further divide it into apartments or houses. However, you would not beable to determine if a given building was owned or rented.

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (Dan_Eisenhauer @ Feb 9 2010, 02:02 AM) One can go to Canada Post and collect the information about Postal Walks that are in primarily rented areas. You can search by residential or commercial, and further divide it into apartments or houses. However, you would not beable to determine if a given building was owned or rented.

Dan I think you hit the nail on the head here. Basically choose the postal route you want to have mail go to. There will be waste as the likelyhood of a postmans route being entirely apartments/renters is slim to none. But for sure you can target areas that are predominantly highrises or multifamily buildings. Then you can do a non-adressed mailing. It`s a timely topic for me as I just started investigating it yesterday, then read this topic!

My other intended approach is to drive around or have someone go around and visually scope out these areas/apartments systematically, record the apartment addresses, and the quantity/apt numbering system of each highrise. Then I`d create my own list based on mailing to individual buildings and automatically number the adresses with the unit numbers. So in the end I do a mailing to the 130 apartments at the "blah blah Suites". Much more laborious, but the list can keep growing as I farm each area of the city. And it doesn`t matter if people move.

Just not clear yet on how to deal with the lack of name . "Occupant" might not be that great. Anyone have any ideas on this?

John Soucie

PaulW

Registered
QUOTE (JohnSoucie @ Feb 9 2010, 11:20 AM) Dan I think you hit the nail on the head here. Basically choose the postal route you want to have mail go to. There will be waste as the likelyhood of a postmans route being entirely apartments/renters is slim to none. But for sure you can target areas that are predominantly highrises or multifamily buildings. Then you can do a non-adressed mailing. It`s a timely topic for me as I just started investigating it yesterday, then read this topic!

My other intended approach is to drive around or have someone go around and visually scope out these areas/apartments systematically, record the apartment addresses, and the quantity/apt numbering system of each highrise. Then I`d create my own list based on mailing to individual buildings and automatically number the adresses with the unit numbers. So in the end I do a mailing to the 130 apartments at the "blah blah Suites". Much more laborious, but the list can keep growing as I farm each area of the city. And it doesn`t matter if people move.

Just not clear yet on how to deal with the lack of name . "Occupant" might not be that great. Anyone have any ideas on this?

John Soucie

I just tried this and it worked for a house...411 reverse address search. Not sure it would work for apartment buildings unless you knew the suite #...perhaps say you are looking to rent, get inside and make note of how the suite numbers are numbered!

http://www.411.ca/whitepages/advanced/

Top Bottom