Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buying Opportunities???

trevismcconaghy

Trevis McConaghy, REIA
REIN Member
Opportunities still exist everywhere. You just need to become the ' sophisticated investor' as we are so often taught. I agree with the thoughts on picking a very specific area and becoming focused on that area. If you are in Manitoba, maybe this is specific area of Brandon or a smaller city like Neepawa.
I love small towns based on economics; jobs, demographics with stability. Boring can be good. I am not in a bubble but the smaller city I live in and invest in in Saskatchewan has had very little change in rental demand with the resource downturn. Our economy is based on agriculture and manufacturing which has been steady.
I buy private deals or 'to be listed' MLS deals. If you understand your numbers, you can do very well. Reading in CREW magazine, investors point to cities an hour outside of Hamilton and Toronto having similar rents to the larger cities but much lower prices. I do the same in my market. I can purchase lower priced buildings with good rents. If I would have waited for the perfect time to buy, I would still be waiting. I take massive action and keep finding or creating fantastic opportunities.

JBagorio

Registered
could you please give me a website or link where to find these single homes with secondary suite potentials?
thanks

What I would suggest you do is to hookup with a good realtor that will be able to filter and narrow your search criteria down to a peg for you. There are very good and experience realtors out there who are an avid provider here in this blog as well like Sean Hayes.

Top Bottom