Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bware Realtors Bearing Foeclosure Lists

gkeary

Registered
This may be old hat to some of you who have spent a fair amount of time on the internet but I thought I`d pass on my research.
I`ve spent a fair amount of time looking for greater vancouver realtors who work with investors and or deal with foreclosures etc.
Initially I got excited when I came across several realtors with web pages offering to send me weekly lists of foreclosures, estate sales etc.
I communicated with several of them and like someone else who reported here found that they didn`t follow through.
In one case I had an appointment which they didn`t keep and in another I just simply didn`t hear back from them when they realized I really did want the list they had promised and wasn`t just looking to buy a home.
When I really explored I began to see a large number of realtor sites with very similar pages who were obviously subscribing to a service that they could personalize.
The hook? We can get you discounted properties, all you have to do is give me your name, e-mail etc.
I guess I`m a bit slow but finally it all became clear. This is the flavour of the month for building a buyers list.
So I would recommend you don`t spend a lot of time chasing these folks. I`ve decided to nuture the relationships I already have with realtors I know who may not have done any of this before but who have experience and an open mind.
Hope this helps some of you. gk

tonypeters

Registered
Gail, thanks for sharing your experience with members of this forum. This is exactly what I mentioned in a previous post, so it is always good to hear it from somebody else. You are totally right when use the work "hook", because all they are trying to do is…"get the phone to ring!"

As I have stated before
, there are many ways to make money (and help people in the process) in the "Creative Real Estate Investing" game, without having to chase after these "elusive" lists!

Tony

QUOTE (gkeary @ Nov 12 2009, 10:32 PM) This may be old hat to some of you who have spent a fair amount of time on the internet but I thought I`d pass on my research.
I`ve spent a fair amount of time looking for greater vancouver realtors who work with investors and or deal with foreclosures etc.
Initially I got excited when I came across several realtors with web pages offering to send me weekly lists of foreclosures, estate sales etc.
I communicated with several of them and like someone else who reported here found that they didn`t follow through.
In one case I had an appointment which they didn`t keep and in another I just simply didn`t hear back from them when they realized I really did want the list they had promised and wasn`t just looking to buy a home.
When I really explored I began to see a large number of realtor sites with very similar pages who were obviously subscribing to a service that they could personalize.
The hook? We can get you discounted properties, all you have to do is give me your name, e-mail etc.
I guess I`m a bit slow but finally it all became clear. This is the flavour of the month for building a buyers list.
So I would recommend you don`t spend a lot of time chasing these folks. I`ve decided to nuture the relationships I already have with realtors I know who may not have done any of this before but who have experience and an open mind.
Hope this helps some of you. gk

marcs

Registered
I agree with you on this. I have tried to contact a couple realtors in Edmonton that were offering foreclosure lists. One did not get back to me but one actually sent me a list of mls listed foreclosures, bank owned and distressed houses. After I sorted through them using Ron LeGrands MAO methods I ended up with 6 possibles. I emailed back the realtor expressing interest in the 6 properties. Almost a week later I finally received a call back from the realtors associate. I explained to her that I was in the business of Wholesaling and Retailing Ugly Houses I can buy and close quickly and I`m also interested in finding motivated sellers who would be willing to do Vendor financing with AFS`s. She booked an appointment to meet with me and then called back the next day explaining what I do is not very common in Alberta and we don`t work with investors in these areas. I found this kind of crazy. I understand the AFS`s are not common but why would you pass up doing business with someone who is looking to buy more then one foreclosure/bank owned or distressed houses over the next many years. I do have to say it is hard finding realtors who will work with investors, many have this mind set of I only can deal with first or second time home buyers. It`s like they set them selves up each time to chase that one deal and then have to break there necks to find the next possible client rather then work with the ones who are willing to do consistant business. With that being said. Any investor realtors out there in Edmonton willing to take on a new investor client please let me know.

MarcS

GaryMcGowan

Registered
Also when signing up to receive foreclosure lists the agent providing it will become your buying agent for a specific time. It is usually in the fine print of the the email sign up. I`m not sure how it would stand up in court but be mindful of what you are actually agreeing too. 

Top Bottom