Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Calgary Police Said They Are Charging Me Over Bandit Signs

dUstrrbUnii

REIN Member
I put out a bunch of bandit signs around calgary over the last 3 weekends and I got a message from Calgary Police on my Patlive messaging system saying that they are going to "bring charges" against me.

Has this happened to anyone out there? How do I need to respond to this?

RedlineBrett

Registered
Bandit signs are illegal... Why do you think they call them `bandit` signs? Why do you think there weren`t 100 other adds for legitimate businesses in the places you looked to advertise?

You broke the law... but it`s not THAT bad. more than likely you will get fined by bylaw and the police may ask you a few questions.

Were I in your position I would call the police ASAP so they hear from you and get the gist of their issues. Be upfront and easy to get a hold of and don`t appear like you are hiding anything. Probably best to do so while on your way to take down all your signs.

antaynguy

REIN Member
Hi,

I followed the bylaw that is layed out when putting up the signs. I did get calls from police but when I asked him to site the by law I broke, and never heard from him again.

The City of Calgary laid out the bylaw where not to put the signs and if you do, you have to follow the rules. If you did follow the rules, I wouldn`t worry about it, but if you didn`t I would suggest taking it down before you get fined.

Cheers!

housingrental

Registered
The world would be a better place if more people were as sensible as Brett
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ May 5 2010, 11:22 AM) Bandit signs are illegal... Why do you think they call them `bandit` signs? Why do you think there weren`t 100 other adds for legitimate businesses in the places you looked to advertise?

You broke the law... but it`s not THAT bad. more than likely you will get fined by bylaw and the police may ask you a few questions.

Were I in your position I would call the police ASAP so they hear from you and get the gist of their issues. Be upfront and easy to get a hold of and don`t appear like you are hiding anything. Probably best to do so while on your way to take down all your signs.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
QUOTE (dUstrrbUnii @ May 4 2010, 09:57 PM) I put out a bunch of bandit signs around calgary over the last 3 weekends and I got a message from Calgary Police on my Patlive messaging system saying that they are going to "bring charges" against me.
The worst you face is some fines. If it actually comes to that, then you can either pay the fines and accept them as a cost of doing business or change the way you advertise so you`re not doing something you can be fined for. It probably seems scary right now, but relax, it will be OK.

Top Bottom