Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can I install REMA on my laptop and on my desktop computer also?

GarthChapman

Registered
SINGLE-USER VERSION:
You can install REMA on both of your computers. Be very careful about moving the data file between them. There is lots of potential for error inherent in that as it is a manual process. If you forget once and have made changes to the data file on both computers there is no way to synchronize the files – you will have to choose which to retain and then re-make the changes lost.

MULTI-USER VERSION:

LAPTOP AND DESKTOP:
Place the data file on your laptop and point REMA`s data file location on the desktop to that laptop location. Do this by clicking on Toolkit, then View Database Location and follow the on screen instructions. This will mean that you always have access to the data file from either computer as long as your laptop is logged in to your home network. This means you are always working in the same file from wither computer.

The reason to place the data file on the laptop is that when you are out and about and working on REMA you will have the data file with you, and then when you return to your home or office you can also again access the data from the desktop computer.

MULTIPLE DESKTOPS WITHIN A NETWORK:

Place the data file on the PC that is normally always running - ie the one that acts as close to a server as you have on your network. Then point REMA on the other PC`s to that network location. Do this by clicking on Toolkit, then View Database Location and follow the on screen instructions. This will mean that you always have access to the data file from either computer as long as your laptop is logged in to your home network. This means you are always working in the same file from all the PC`s.

Top Bottom