Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian Cities - Average Price To Rent Ratio - How does your city stack up?

housingrental

Registered
Bafflegab Thomas.

Bafflegab!

Would the data have been made into a post if it implied something different about Calgary?

[quote user=ThomasBeyer]If you stick your neck out, people will aim for it, Wade. Get used to it. You've progressed real well over the last year or 2. Shoulder on ! Keep up the great work ! Once you create, people will critique it .. Or clone it. Take it as a compliment either way !

housingrental

Registered
Hi Nik

Be very careful. People often see what they want to see... until it is too late.

[quote user=2ndstory]Thanks for the info Wade. I am not surprised to see Winnipeg at the top of that list. I am a firm believer that Winnipeg holds huge opportunies for cashflow and steady growth.

Not sure why certain individuals on here need to have a negative comment on any and every post that's ever made, but I guess it is a role they feel is somehow necessary.

Nik

housingrental

Registered
BOOOM!!!!!!!!

JimWhitelaw - Poster of the year???????

[quote user=JimWhitelaw][quote user=wgraham]I put up a challenge! If any of you can find more relavent data across the country I will concede to the "google juice" comment!
I submit that the RBC housing affordability report and the CMHC housing starts/absorption report are both more relevant to investors than the apples to oranges comparison of apartment rents to average house prices.

Actually, what I meant to say is that as a sophisticated real estate investor, I maintain a list of several important sources for key economic indicators that are useful and relevant to the Edmonton market, because specializing in a specific area and type of property is an important part of building a successful real estate investment portfolio.

2ndstory

Registered
[quote user=housingrental]Hi Nik

Be very careful. People often see what they want to see... until it is too late.

[quote user=2ndstory]Thanks for the info Wade. I am not surprised to see Winnipeg at the top of that list. I am a firm believer that Winnipeg holds huge opportunies for cashflow and steady growth.

Not sure why certain individuals on here need to have a negative comment on any and every post that's ever made, but I guess it is a role they feel is somehow necessary.

Nik

Once again Adam, I don't understand another one of your posts. :)

Nik

housingrental

Registered
You are seeing what you want to see

You are confirming your own bias in this case

For many people these types of things are only examined after a loss

My perspective is it's better to minimize the chances of a loss in the first place

You do this by not drawing from this particular data set

JimWhitelaw

Registered
[quote user=housingrental]Why the hate for topic starter Wade?
Don't confuse disagreement with hate. I've met Wade in person and found him to be a decent and likeable guy. Isn't it OK for reasonable people to disagree, even in a community of "like-minded" real estate investors?

It's possible that Wade and I disagree on other important topics like shaving with a blade vs electric razor, best wineries in the Okanagan, or most significant sports car of the 90's, but that certainly doesn't imply hatred.

wgraham

REIN Member
[quote user=JimWhitelaw]

Don't confuse disagreement with hate.

Certainly! I don't take Jim's disagreement with my post personally. If he doesn't value my data that is fine with me! Absolutely no skin off my back. However if someone finds it useful and relevant than great. Happy to help them out!

As for Adam..... just more Keyboard Courage from you. Typical.

RedlineBrett

Registered
[quote user=JimWhitelaw] most significant sports car of the 90's,

Time for me to get in on this thread. Without a doubt this car is the BMW E36 M3. Ranked as the best handling car in the world by C&D and started a whole new segment of performance sports sedans/coupes across all the german marques.

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=RedlineBrett][quote user=JimWhitelaw] most significant sports car of the 90's,

Time for me to get in on this thread. Without a doubt this car is the BMW E36 M3. Ranked as the best handling car in the world by C&D and started a whole new segment of performance sports sedans/coupes across all the german marques.

imgres

housingrental

Registered
Good point Jim, thank you for your post.

[quote user=JimWhitelaw][quote user=housingrental]Why the hate for topic starter Wade?
Don't confuse disagreement with hate. I've met Wade in person and found him to be a decent and likeable guy. Isn't it OK for reasonable people to disagree, even in a community of "like-minded" real estate investors?

It's possible that Wade and I disagree on other important topics like shaving with a blade vs electric razor, best wineries in the Okanagan, or most significant sports car of the 90's, but that certainly doesn't imply hatred.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Wade

What are you trying to say by:

Thanks

[quote user=wgraham][quote user=JimWhitelaw]

Don't confuse disagreement with hate.

Certainly! I don't take Jim's disagreement with my post personally. If he doesn't value my data that is fine with me! Absolutely no skin off my back. However if someone finds it useful and relevant than great. Happy to help them out!

JimWhitelaw

Registered
[quote user=RedlineBrett]Without a doubt this car is the BMW E36 M3.

Excellent choice. I'm starting to understand where the "Redline" comes from. :)

Top Bottom