Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian or Irish Baby?

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Since I am being picked on in the `Coffee Shop` I have come for some cover to announce that my wife is pregnant with our first child.

After a little debate it looks like he/she will be born on Canadian soil.

We are getting a legal agreement drawn up however that he/she will only play `real` sport without two feet of padding, never call football soccer, only shout for Ireland at sporting events, speak with and Irish accent and grow up like its Dad to take over as the next McKernan international RISK champion (see coffee shop for explanation!).

markl

Registered
Congrats there is nothing else like it in the world enjoy every moment

C

CorinneWestcott

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations to you and Pauline. I am just thrilled for you!! Babies are so wonderful.
Kind of makes me think about having another one.... oops! Hope Russell doesn`t read this!!
style_emoticons

Hugs to you both,
Corinne

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (PhilipMcKernan @ Aug 20 2008, 07:33 PM) We are getting a legal agreement drawn up however that he/she will only play `real` sport without two feet of padding, never call football soccer, only shout for Ireland at sporting events, speak with and Irish accent and grow up like its Dad to take over as the next McKernan international RISK champion (see coffee shop for explanation!).

And then will he/she move away to the land of free speech, open spaces and somewhat affordable real estate?
style_emoticons

Seriously, huge congratulations!!

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
QUOTE (PhilipMcKernan @ Aug 20 2008, 07:33 PM) Since I am being picked on in the `Coffee Shop` I have come for some cover to announce that my wife is pregnant with our first child.

We are getting a legal agreement drawn up however that he/she will only play `real` sport without two feet of padding, never call football soccer, only shout for Ireland at sporting events, speak with and Irish accent and grow up like its Dad to take over as the next McKernan international RISK champion (see coffee shop for explanation!).

Congratulations to you and Pauline, Philip. I am happy for you both.

One benefit to having the baby born on this side of the Atlantic is that he/she will learn to speak so that the rest of us understand what is being said. Keep that in mind before you enforce that language contract. You will need a translator... as if you don`t already.
style_emoticons

Football vs soccer, cheering for Ireland (except when Can vs Ire)... well, we Canadians are a magnanimous lot. We can give you those. And some
of us do play rugby... without 2` of padding.

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Aug 21 2008, 09:22 PM) Congratulations to both of you!

David.

See what happens, move to North Van, get pregnant. Must be all the oysters and seafood I keep giving you!

I don`t think there is a baby version of RISK...yet.

I

IanSzabo

QUOTE (PhilipMcKernan @ Aug 20 2008, 09:33 PM) Since I am being picked on in the `Coffee Shop` I have come for some cover to announce that my wife is pregnant with our first child.

I have a great Curling Coach, He/She will be great at it?

Top Bottom