Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadians Snap Up U.S. Properties

Rickson9

Registered
Build-to-rent housing market explodes as investors rush in

The build-to-rent business is growing fast, with several companies, including big names, dipping into it. Toll Brothers recently announced a $60 million investment in a joint venture with BB Living, a build-to-rent company based in Phoenix.

“We’ve got clients, multiple, well over a couple billion dollars worth of capital looking to place in this space,” said Michael Finch, executive vice president at SVN/SFRhub Advisors, a new Phoenix-based commercial brokerage firm focused on single family rental and build-to-rent investment portfolios. “They are looking to acquire 5-6,000 homes in the next two years.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/sud...ingle-family-housing-market-is-exploding.html

Last edited:

Rickson9

Registered
Apartment rental demand soars as more millennials believe it’s cheaper than owning a home

“The metrics that we’ve seen this year have been off the charts,” said Toby Bozzuto, CEO of The Bozzuto Group, which currently has over a billion dollars worth of residential, Class A construction in the works across the North and Southeast. Bozzuto’s Chevy Chase development will offer 530 residential units comprised of 466 apartments, 64 condominiums and over 100,000 square feet of retail and restaurants. It is also connected to a metro rail line, which is exactly what today’s renters — both millennials and downsizing baby boomers—want.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/08/ren...ennials-say-its-cheaper-than-owning-home.html

Rickson9

Registered

Rickson9

Registered
Signs point to reheating in housing market as home price gains stop slowdown, S&P Case-Shiller July index says

The hottest cities for home price appreciation were Phoenix, Las Vegas and Charlotte, North Carolina. Home prices in Phoenix rose 5.8% year over year. In Las Vegas, they were up 4.7%, and Charlotte saw a 4.6% increase.

Overall, home price gains are strongest in the Southwest (Phoenix and Las Vegas) and Southeast (Charlotte and Tampa)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/home-price-gains-stop-slowdown-in-july-sp-case-shiller-index.html

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Good Morning,

I'm new to the forum, I was wondering if someone might be able to answer this question for me.

Being an investor in Canada, would I be able to move to the united states, to continue my business there, considering that wholesaling across the united states is exponentially easier, with more tools available to find available properties.

If so, what steps would need to be taken, so that I could be able to relocate, and continue my business in the united states?

Are you looking for visa and immigration advice?

Or are you looking to do it as a Canadian living in Canada with occasional trips to & multi-week stays in the US?

Thomas Beyer, Asset Manager, Investor, Community Improver, Author, Father, Mentor www.prestprop.com

Rickson9

Registered
The hottest housing market of 2019

Whether you’re looking to buy or rent, Phoenix has always been seen as one of the more desirable and affordable U.S. metro areas.
But this year home prices along with rents have surged in the Valley of the Sun at a rate that has outpaced the nation and other major markets. Phoenix’s strong job market, proximity to more expensive housing markets in California and dry, warm climate have made it the hottest housing market of 2019.

And it’s not just home prices. Rent has also been rising faster in the city than elsewhere in the U.S. Phoenix led the The CoreLogic Single-Family Rent Index, which looks at rent price change nationally and among 20 metro areas, for 11 straight months. In October, the city posted the highest year-over-year increase at 6.8% — far outpacing the national annual increase of 3.1%.

“Since we’ve been tracking migration in 2017, Phoenix has been among the top of the list,” said Daryl Fairweather, RedFin’s chief economist, adding that most people come from Los Angeles and other California cities, where housing is more expensive.
The nation’s fastest-growing U.S. county is also situated in Phoenix. For the third consecutive year, Maricopa County, Arizona’s most populated county, was the fastest-growing from July 2017 to July 2018, according to U.S. Census Bureau data released this year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-the-hottest-housing-market-of-2019-133346968.html

Rickson9

Registered
Phoenix was the most favored destination for potential homebuyers in the second quarter, during which time the net inflow of users to the city hit 9,428. The net inflow is how many more people are looking to move to the area than leave it.
Phoenix in-Migration

Rickson9

Registered
QUOTE (Rickson9 @ Aug 14 2010, 11:44 AM)

I wish you all the success with your U.S. real estate investing. It is not for me.
The complexities of U.S. immigration law and tax laws and local real estate laws require too much of my time to bother with.

The risk of ever increasing mortgage defaults and foreclosures pulling down real estate values even further is too high.

Many Canadian corporations thought that they were smart taking over U.S. business concerns. Most fell on their face. Robert Campeau comes to mind and so does Jean Coutu and many oil and gas companies. Too many to count. The U.S. is fiercely competitive and if things don`t go in their favour, they are very good at making new laws to turn things to their advantage afterall. Look at the public outcry when some middle eastern countries were trying to buy some port facilities. Or look at when the Chinese were trying to buy Unocal.

Have you ever sold one of your U.S. properties and repatriated the proceeds? Just try and see how profitable it all is.

Why take all that sh...t (too many dots) when you are having one of the best real estate markets laying at your feet? Canada, in particular Alberta and Ontario (Canada`s top 10 investment towns).

I started making videos about financial literacy on social media this year and have 60,000 followers

I’m going to enjoy featuring this post and some of the other dumb things that were said about my US RE investments when I created this thread

How are those 2010 Alberta RE investments doing? I’m willing to bet that I did 10x better

DEWDROPS

Registered
I started making videos about financial literacy on social media this year and have 60,000 followers

I’m going to enjoy featuring this post and some of the other dumb things that were said about my US RE investments when I created this thread

How are those 2010 Alberta RE investments doing? I’m willing to bet that I did 10x better

Mind sharing any link to those videos?

Rickson9

Registered
Last edited:

Developer

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
The Phoenix real estate I described at the beginning of this thread have appreciated over 7x and rent is off the charts. All US$ of course
Dam that is amazing Rickson! A grand slam that has set you up for life. Nice job. Have you been consistently buying since 2009? Or stopped at a certain point when valuations got more expensive? Any particular markets that peak your interest these days?

Rickson9

Registered
Dam that is amazing Rickson! A grand slam that has set you up for life. Nice job. Have you been consistently buying since 2009? Or stopped at a certain point when valuations got more expensive? Any particular markets that peak your interest these days?
Great question! I bought US RE for the 7 years from 2009 to 2016

All good things

I’m now focused on creating another business with my social media content

Rickson9

Registered
NEW RECORD! My social media videos hit over 9 million+ views over the span of 60 days!

My US real estate content is well received!

Attachments

• 0D3D4DA2-E499-4E38-A6C1-4D223EF91692.png
    0D3D4DA2-E499-4E38-A6C1-4D223EF91692.png
    333.8 KB · Views: 15

Rickson9

Registered
If it`s 20:1 in the US, it`s only 5:1 here with big problems. The tax systems and immigration laws which prevent you from doing any work on your property are just two big reasons why there`s a lot of landmines down there.
Hi Chris! I’m having BIG problems with these USD rent deposits and doing absolutely no work! lolol

Last edited:

Rickson9

Registered
Thanks Rickson
It comes off as something doesn`t add up with your posts
If there`s ton`s of opportunity out there re "My returns can be found by any individual who is motiviated enough to look for it."
Then there should be no fear as to sharing in more detail. The low chances of even a few people reading this and picking up 10 properties in your desired area shouldn`t harm your interests if there`s many to be found?
I remember this sad defeatist post too!
Virtually every major US city had huge opportunity and in post #12 I literally said Phoenix but this guy couldn’t get out of bed lolol

Rickson9

Registered
There are a couple of things that come to mind when reading this post.

Investing in the US is intriguing to most, and people would like to do it but don`t.
I always like taking advice from people that have done what I want to do.
It is unwise to take advice from people that can not articulate and back up what they are saying.
You have to buy RE when nobody else is buying.
A success story is easily accepted when the author is willing to share how it was done.

my 2 cents
Wanna hear about the millions I made now?

Rickson9

Registered
Posts that could be seen a promotional writing - and not within the classified section - should be quite clear on specific property deals the poster has done... if not? HYPE = ADVERTISEMENT

REIN - ?
First this poster cries that I’m not giving enough information, and then when time shows that I was right, they cry that my posts are promotional. Now after I’ve made millions in US real estate they disappear in shame

Clowns everywhere lolol

Last edited:
Top Bottom