Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chestemere in Calgary

Bindy25

Registered
Does anyone here have any insight in Chestemere Ab. I was there over the weekend and it's a beautiful area with alot of new development happening!! Are new houses selling there? Thanks.

JBagorio

Registered
[quote user=Bindy25]Does anyone here have any insight in Chestemere Ab. I was there over the weekend and it's a beautiful area with alot of new development happening!! Are new houses selling there? Thanks.

Chestemere sure is a beautiful community. I have friends that live there and I`m situated close by the area in the NE side of Calgary. It is about 10 min outside the city limit and the new Stoney Tr. ring road on the east side of town. There`s two way access, via Hwy1 and/or17 Av. and both gets you downtown in 20 to 30 min. It is a growing new community. You can`t go wrong!

bizaro86

Registered
One potential Chestemere downside is its location relative to the part of Calgary it's near.

The reason developers are building nice house 5-10 minutes east of the city is that houses wouldn't sell right on the east edge of town. To a Calgarian, "West Chestemere" sounds a lot better than "East Abbeydale, Penbrooke, or Forest Lawn." The neighbourhoods on the east edge of the city around 16th Avenue north (#1 highway) and 17th ave SE have among the worst reputations in the city.

This isn't a big problem at present, as Chestemere is still a bit away from these neighbourhoods. Still, it's something to consider before you buy.

RedlineBrett

Registered
[quote user=bizaro86] One potential Chestemere downside is its location relative to the part of Calgary it's near.

To a Calgarian, "West Chestemere" sounds a lot better than "East Abbeydale, Penbrooke, or Forest Lawn." The neighbourhoods on the east edge of the city around 16th Avenue north (#1 highway) and 17th ave SE have among the worst reputations in the city.

This is a very good point.

Bindy25

Registered
The reason I was asking was that I am currently working on a deal to build a few homes there with a investor.

JBagorio

Registered
[quote user=bizaro86]

This isn't a big problem at present, as Chestemere is still a bit away from these neighbourhoods. Still, it's something to consider before you buy.

My insight comes from being a long term resident of the NE`It is definitely not a problem given that it will be a long ways before the two cities completely merge. With the humongous grave parks between the two cities I don't think it will completely join up. :)

Besides its close proximity and accessibility to many things including the city center, also consider the long-term up side of the redevelopment of the International Ave (17 Av. SE) that will help on the revitalization of some of the problem area mentioned. Remember that there are also A and B type areas in within the labeled bad neighborhood or area (C), and in real estate there are always money to be made within these familiar pockets.

Best regards,

Jason

wgraham

REIN Member
I would talk with Garth Chapman as he is a seasoned investor and lives in Chestemer. Look him up, buy him lunch and tell him I sent you.... :)

Top Bottom