Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

City of Calgary Continues its Cash-Grabbing Ways

Jack

Registered
$3/day to park at the otherwise unused park & ride parking lots. There`s nothing I`d rather do right now than go and throw eggs at the big blue building downtown. This is a colosally unintelligent idea, as it only makes one party better off - the City! The next person who can explain how the citizens are better off with this move will be the first person to do so.

Especially in this age of "encouraged environmental responsibility", Bronconnier & Co. are deciding to deter people from using the C-Train. I don`t get it. Maybe if that moron didn`t go through money like John Daly at the craps table he wouldn`t have to do this.

Completely bone-headed move, and now this also affects property appeal to those areas within driving distance to the C-Train park & ride stations, as they`re now essentially doubling the cost of transit per month for those that use the stations - this means that us investors can wave "bye-bye" to the premium previously placed on proximity to the stations.

pjrein

Registered
I think the premium for walking distance will now go up as it will be even cheaper to walk to the station!! Can`t say I`m a big fan of the idea though, wonder how much of the revenue it`s going to cost them to monitor and implement it too. I think they would make more money if there were gates at the stations and everyone actually had to pay to use the train. I personally always buy a monthly pass however I know of lots of people who ride it free, I`ve been using it for a couple of years now and have never once seen anyone be asked for proof of a ticket. Then the people I know who don`t pay would still be better off with the $100 odd fine it`s only about 2 months worth of passes anyway! If it`s going to cost more now with the parking I should hope that means that the trains are more reliable in winter (there are always delays on the coldest days) and more frequent/less full so I don`t have to spend so much time squished like a sardine with a bunch of hacking strangers!!

More reasons for me to find ways to make money without having to go to another person`s office everyday!!

Jocasta

Jack

Registered
QUOTE I think the premium for walking distance will now go up as it will be even cheaper to walk to the station!!

But there aren`t many properties that are within reasonable walking distance. Downtown comes to mind, and a very few amount of dwellings surrounding each station.

Top Bottom