Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Commercial Lease

lilbuffet

Registered
I have a friend who is looking to open up a business in Calgary. He is currently seeking commercial retail space roughly in the size of 900-1200 sq ft around the downtown & SW area.

Any one have any commercial Realtor contacts??

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (lilbuffet @ Jul 7 2010, 08:53 PM) I have a friend who is looking to open up a business in Calgary. He is currently seeking commercial retail space roughly in the size of 900-1200 sq ft around the downtown & SW area.

try Avison Young or Colliers .. but to avoid overpaying it is good to walk around / network in the specific location for such a small space .. as rates can differ widely from $10/ft gross to $100/ft plus op costs .. tread carefully .. and try to avoid a personal guarantee for lease in case business fails !!

Savard

Registered
For a size that small, I recommend simply calling the brokerage shops and making calls off signs in buildings that appeal to your friend.
Be sure to have his lawyer review the documents. Be wary of personal guarantees.

There are brokers that specialize in Reail Leasing: Paul McCloy with Taurus Property Group 403.206.2132 is one of a handful of brokers in this field.

I specialize in representing tenants in the downtown and beltline office leasing market and would not be able to add value to your friend.

bizaro86

Registered
Not a realtor (of any kind) but I did notice that the building Robinson lighting and bath is in has a vacancy posted in the window, I believe it was for 1000 sq ft. The building is on 11th avenue and 9th street, just south of downtown, in the beltline. Might fit the requirements.

Michael

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (lilbuffet @ Jul 7 2010, 09:53 PM) I have a friend who is looking to open up a business in Calgary. He is currently seeking commercial retail space roughly in the size of 900-1200 sq ft around the downtown & SW area.

It`s very tough to specialize in this kind of real estate due to low transaction volume. However while I specialize in residential real estate I also do a little commercial leasing. Pretty familiar with the current market too as I just moved our whole business to a similar sized space on 17th ave. If your friend hasn`t found anything yet feel free to toss him my phone number. John is right though when he says the best way to find space of this size is to roll up your sleeves and canvas the area you`re looking for. The commissions on sales aren`t enough to motivate a realtor to do a lot of digging for you unless you are willing to pay them upfront to do so.

dsmandato

REIN Member
QUOTE (lilbuffet @ Jul 7 2010, 09:53 PM) I have a friend who is looking to open up a business in Calgary. He is currently seeking commercial retail space roughly in the size of 900-1200 sq ft around the downtown & SW area.

Try Gary McKelvie, Coldwell Banker Commercial: 403.680.4545. He mainly focusses on larger spaces but with vacancy high and business is down, something is better than nothing.

Top Bottom