Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Commercial Leasing

Bindy25

Registered
Hey everyone. I have a question here regarding commercial leasing. I'm looking to lease a warehouse in the bc interior for my company. I would love to purchase this warehouse but do to some circumstances I can't. I'm looking for someone to put together a very solid lease for me. Maybe a lease to own or something in those regards. I was thinking a one and two year terms with a option to buy. Anyone here have any advice that would be greatly appreciated thanks. Bindy

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
A commercial real estate lawyer. Try to avoid personal guarantee on lease and try to push as many costs (include building repairs and taxes) to landlord, as it is not uncommon for landlords to do the opposite !

RedlineBrett

Registered
Go with someone that works out of a larger center. Either a commercial leasing agent or a commercial real estate lawyer that does business in this feild consistently. See what you can find out about the seller - are they an owner/operator or are they a large REIT or other form of syndicate. Knowing this will help guide you on your path because the smaller owner/operators tend to work faster and be more flexible.

They will almost certainly have a copy of the lease they want you to sign. You'll probably have to use this as a starting point in your negotiations.

You'll want longer than 2 years.

Good luck!

Top Bottom