Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Concerns or Pains Involved When Selling Your Home or Rental Property

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
Hello,I’m doing a little research on the topic of selling residential real estate and I’d like to get a little feedback from you. I’m interested in hearing from other investors and home owners so both are equally welcome to participate in this conversation....or anybody else for that matter.In order to contain the conversation a little please stick to the realm of residential real estate ie Houses, town houses, and condo apartments. A lot of the items covered can pertain to other forms of real estate such as commercial or multi-family but to avoid having participants going off on tangents please keep to the topic of selling residential real estate (Owner or tenant occupied).

Feel free to post your comments here or send them to me as a PM or email. At some point in the near future I’ll compile a list of the “Top Ten” concerns and some of the feedback pertaining to each concern.

Thank-you.

For the last few years we have faced a lot of uncertainty in the real estate industry. We have seen the rise and fall of values and we have seen fortunes made and lost in every investment sector. In a slow or depressed market sellers tend to have more concerns and/or wants when it comes time to sell. In order to have a property sell or sell reasonable quickly, and at a decent price, we have to be extra diligent in every aspect of the property and the sale procedures.

1. If you were thinking of selling your property what would be some the major concerns or “pains” you might have surrounding this topic?
To stimulate the conversation a little I’m going to give you a few examples:

• My house takes too long to sell.
• I don’t get the price I want.
• My house is “tired” looking and I don’t know what to do about it.
• I want my house to look better before I try to sell but i don’t know what to do or not do to make it look better.
• I don’t have the money to make my house look better.
• I don’t know who to call to “fix” my house or advise me on what to fix.
• I don’t know who to call to help me sell my house or advise me on how to sell my house.

2. If you were thinking of selling or have sold by yourself as a “For Sale By Owner” what are or were some of the concerns or pains you feel or felt surrounding this topic?

• I don’t what my house is worth.
• I don’t know what price to accept for my house.
• I have an appraisal for my house but nobody is willing to pay that amount.
• Lots of people are coming to look at my house, and they say nice things, but nobody is making an offer.
• Lots of people are calling about my house but nobody is coming to look at it.
• My house has been advertised for months but it hasn’t sold.

3. If you were thinking of selling or have sold with a real estate agent (Realtor) what were some of the concerns or pains you felt surrounding this topic?

• Lots of people are coming to view my house but nobody is making an offer.
• My house has been listed for months and I don’t know why it’s not sold.
• My house has been listed for months and my realtor doesn’t know why nobody is making an offer.
• My house has been listed for months and my realtor doesn’t know why it hasn’t sold.

Now On The Flip Side Of The Previous Question:

1. If you were thinking of selling or have sold with a real estate agent (Realtor) what would be some additional items or “Service Extras” a Realtor could do for you, or has done for you in the past, that would be of incredible service to you? To stimulate the conversation a little I’m going to give you a few examples:
• Make sure that the junk mail is disposed of on a regular basis.
• Make sure the sidewalks get shoveled before other agents show the property.
• Give you feedback from Buyers Agents and their clients on a regular basis without you having to ask for it.

Please don’t worry about answering every question or topic. Just respond with anything you would like to add regarding the main topics.

1) Pains or concerns regarding selling privately
2) Pains or concerns regarding using a Realtor
3) Extra services you’d like your Realtor to offer or have received from a Realtor in the past.

Thank-you for your input I look forward to reading all about it.

Top Bottom