Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Create success plan for 2008

navaz

Registered
Hello Everyone

Looks like might be a good time to set targets and get organized this year so that you will have time to spend on the important things such as relationships, making money, going to the gym and having fun -so here are thoughts for an action plan for 2008

8 Action Steps to build for a successful foundation in 2008

• Resolve to find the document you are looking for the first time
    • Take all your records prior to 2007 and divide them into permanent info and current info
    • Label and put away all 2006 and prior current info in a bankers box and into your attic
    • Use a bankers box and put your 2007 documents in it. Divide it into permanent and current info
    • Set up your filing system – accordion, bankers box or filing cabinet for 2008
    • Take all the paper on your desk (your work bench) and sort it into your filing systemIf you have all your records by date order and filed your tax returns on time, destroy your current information prior to 1997 –need permission from CRA Create extra time and space by dealing with each paper once which meansHave an in basket that is truly an in basketClear the basket each day at the and respond to each paper by
-family:Times New Roman">i. Responding to it by e-mail or fax at the same time

ii. Delegating it to a team member by writing a note on it

iii. Filing it in the filing cabinet

iv.
If you think you may need it and hence want to hang on to it, file it in the garbage can

• Review and crystallize your final goal.
    • Why should you get it?
    • What are you prepared to do to get there?What is the price you have to pay to get it?Resolve to pay the price in advance
Do a SWOT analysis
  • Write down your strengths and weaknesses
  • Write down your opportunities and strengths
    • Prepare an action plan for 2008[*]Prepare your net worth statement nowPrepare your pro-forma net worth statement at the end of this yearWrite down the action steps required to get there and consider
i. the mentors you will need to get there

ii. which professionals will help you get there

iii.
what education you will need to get there

iv.
pan style="font-family:Times New Roman">how many new pillars do you need to add

v. Write down what action steps you will need to get there

vi. Review your plan from a tax perspective

• Determine your measuring posts
    • How many properties do you need to see each week or analyze each week?
    • How many phone calls do you need to make to create the contacts you desire?
    • How many books do you need to read? Prioritize your action plan
    • Turn your action plan into a “to do” listRemind yourself to do it NOW or you will waste valuable time
Celebrate each success
ght:100%">Give yourself a treat for each success[*]Thank a person that helped you get there[*]Treat a family member with each successEnjoy the journey and have a party

C

CorinneWestcott

Great post Navaz
style_emoticons

SamEfford

Registered
I agree, great post! One other rule that I live by is only touch a piece of paper in your inbox once. This prevents work and surprises from piling up!

Donal_Ward_McCarthy

REIN Member
This attitude begins to filtrate into all aspects of your organisational procedures. My inbox generally has no more than 5 emails. I put aside time that I take care of certain priority emails and just separate them into folders that indicate the job.

So all real estate emails go into that file folder and I have an allotted time to sort it out. generally the least important emails are left in the inbox and i relentlessly delete the emails which take me away from my focuses.

thanks Navaz for the post - it makes life easier for sure

cheers,
d.

JeffSmith

Registered
Hi Navaz,

Thank you for sharing your expertise and insights with us.

Jeff

Top Bottom